Author Topic: [CTF 5.0] Changing packs on reconnect  (Read 2002 times)

Offline aXXo on: January 22, 2017, 04:47:38 am

• View Profile
I noticed that people can only change the packs once per round, even if they reconnect.
The problem is, when someone gets kicked and reconnects, he is forced to play with the default pack because he is out of change pack limit.

Is it possible to auto-grant the previous pack to the player on reconnect instead?

Or, just remove the limit because it is not really needed. Changing packs repeatedly doesn't give any considerable advantage.

Offline BliTz #1 on: January 22, 2017, 06:44:32 am

• View Profile
also fix autostart

I mean autostart on ctf 5 is bugged(no voting system and the round doesnt start)if there are no players.A admin is required to toggle  on/off.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 01:16:42 pm by BliTz »

Offline NewK #2 on: January 22, 2017, 03:22:58 pm

• Developer
    • View Profile
I noticed that people can only change the packs once per round, even if they reconnect.
This was how it was always suposed to be, in CTF4 it doesn't happen because of a bug in the script.
The problem is, when someone gets kicked and reconnects, he is forced to play with the default pack because he is out of change pack limit.
Hmm are you sure this is happening? It should automatically grant you the previous package. The only ocasion where it gives you the default pack is when:
- You choose the rocket launcher pack which is bound to 1 player only per team
- You leave/get kicked from the server
- In the meantime before you rejoin, someone from your team chooses the rocket launcher pack, so when you rejoin and spawn the server will give you the default pack. Because the the RPG pack is limited to 1 player per team.

The changepack limit was added to force teams to assign roles to each of their players and try to bring in some sort of tactic into the gamemode, although it might not make alot of sense to keep this enabled in public matches, only in clanwars maybe.

I guess I could add a command for server staff to use to enable/disable the changepack limit and let the participants of each clan match decide whether they want it enabled or not.

also fix autostart
What do you mean?

Offline BliTz #3 on: January 23, 2017, 01:16:53 pm

• View Profile