Author Topic: Ping Issue  (Read 3108 times)

QarZ on: October 27, 2015, 06:47:36 pm

hello everyone i m Qarz and i want to say something

Due to high pings in almost whole pakistan we only getting kicked in the server every minute and i m using 10mbps connection but still getting kicked for pings

Through this post i want to say something to management that please increase the ping limit of the server to 700ms untill tournament end hope management understand our problem and will co-operate with us in this situation

Regards
Qarz

Offline krystianoo #1 on: October 27, 2015, 07:16:23 pm

• View Profile
This is a fairly good reason why the ping limit will probably never be increased to 700:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LumEzmWhZiQ&feature=youtu.be

Maybe when certain people will stop downloading, simulating packetloss while playing then they will stop getting kicked for high ping.
<iCow> >> [MK]Halchter was banned from the server, Reason:  0 in tribute to krys
<cCow> ** [8]  [MK]Halchter has left the server. (Kicked)

Tarkan #2 on: October 27, 2015, 07:33:49 pm

I totally disagree with your suggestion because it is really dumb in all fairness. Players that have a ping of 200 and over are alredy medium/hard targets to kill especially if they got low FPS on top of that high ping. This can be abused so much that it can't even be imagined.

Krystianoo said it well, maybe, just maybe, if players would stop doing the stuff that makes their ping go higher than usual and gain advantage that way, we'll do it. We all know that won't happen so...

Offline Zeeshan.Bhatti #3 on: October 27, 2015, 07:37:19 pm

• View Profile
+1 agreed.
Current Experience: EC Admin.
Past Experience: LG Dev, VCDM Dev, SDC Admin, AvT Admin, Skylarks Admin, Skylarks cnr, ECS Admin.
Events:  EC Championship Ref, EC Ladder Admin, ViceWar VI Admin, EYE 3 Ref, ECKO Management, EYE4 Ref.
TRC Member - Since 03, May, 2017

Offline NewK #4 on: October 27, 2015, 09:49:22 pm

• Developer
    • View Profile
I understand your situation but you also have to understand that increasing the ping limit would be extremely unfair to other players. The current ping limit is 500ms,  and in the tournament it will be 350ms, which is already alot, we will not go lower than that.

Offline Danish #5 on: October 28, 2015, 06:33:21 am

• View Profile

Offline [MK]F. #6 on: October 28, 2015, 01:02:11 pm

• Manager
    • View Profile
Can understand how it feels to be not able to play properly due to Ping limit but you also need to understand that the guys who have high pings are almost impossible to hit even if at times they are standing still so even if you believe it or not, it gives alot of unfair advantage which alot of people with high ping fail to understand.