Author Topic: [VU]Veteran  (Read 565 times)

Offline vitovc on: October 03, 2023, 06:29:20 pm

• View Profile
Admin nickname: [VU]Veteran
Date: 3 october 2023
Reason for reporting: Racist hate speech
Proof: https://i.imgur.com/cPrWXqB.png
Notes: I think admin represents the server and should not to write such things.

Offline Fortune #1 on: October 03, 2023, 06:57:04 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Wait for Veteran to explain his side

Offline Veteran #2 on: October 11, 2023, 01:53:02 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello to anyone reading this.

On that day a player from Ukraine (I think it was XTM or a person with the full version of that name) joined the server and asked me if I still donate money every month to Ukraine and it's army. To which I replied, that of course, I still do. Why? Because russia is an aggressor and a recognised terrorist state, who invaded the independent country of Ukraine. The terrorists of russian army are carrying on genocide in Ukraine. They kill innocent civilians, rape their women and children and loot. Exactly like they have done historically in my country. Muscovy/Mordor can't live in peace, ever. They envy their neighbours and their history only consists of 3 parts - preparing for war, the war itself and recovering from war. They are here to only bring evil and it is obvious to anyone who is following these events and is not brainwashed by their propaganda.
Therefore I stand by my words, calling their army terrorists and I do wish them to lose this war they've started. And I believe that the only positive outcome is possible that the people in russia who don't support the war and their current dictator rise up and split from the muscovy.

Trust me, I hate that I have to write a post like this, but this is the situation we are in. Vito wants to call this racism, but I never wish death or misery to all russians. I have russian friends and I am ready to support and wish all the best to anyone who is against the war and current criminal regime. Unlike to anyone supporting these war crimes or who is too afraid to form an opinion in fears of going to jail, watching innocent people die and young russian guys being mobilised against their will and sent to die on a foreign land as cannon fodder.

Regarding vcmp..
I don't find this report relevant, because my opinion on the war that russia has started in no way affects how I treat players from russia. I've never banned, kicked or muted because of their opinion or country of origin. Even that same day, when Vito made the report and I wanted to discuss more with him in-game, some guys started to say they support russia, etc., but unless it starts to become continuously mocking, I let them be.
I don't even remember what vito replied to my comments in his screenshots. I think it was something ironic about my country in russian.

So, I apologise to anyone who found my opinion racist. I am not a maniac who wishes death to all russians. But I do wish it to those, who invade other countries with intention to kill and occupy. And that is an objective opinion about the current war. I am not going around server saying these things randomly and mocking anyone. I replied to a question I was asked. Vito didn't continue to discuss this ingame, so this report is just odd.

I suggest to close this report, because as stated, I am not a racist and my opinions in no way affect my judgment when it comes to administrating the game.

Happy playing to everyone, long live CTF!

Offline vitovc #3 on: October 11, 2023, 02:24:25 pm

• View Profile
So you hate Russia, naming its 'Muscovy/Mordor' calling its people rapists and wish collapse to thier country. You suggest to russians to die torture in jail for attempting of civil war to split country. Even ukranian people I know are more moderate in their views about russia and not saying such silly things.

I have russian friends
Do they 'afraid to form an opinion in fears of going to jail' or being rebels in Russia or just living in EU, being not under control of Russian goverment so they not 'afraid to form an opinion' and write radical bullshit about russia there? When your country were under control of "Muscovy" you were in same condition, there were no 'rise up' and people of your country were followed laws. And now you teach russians what they should to do to destory their own county and kill each other. Its bad position to be agree with.

Offline Veteran #4 on: October 12, 2023, 10:56:45 am

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Of course, I hate russia, man. Why would I not? It's a corrupt aggressor country that has been bringing nothing but evil to the world. Its a bully that cannot stand if its neighbours start to live better than russia.

You are right. When soviets occupied Latvia, after killing and deporting our people, anyone against the regime was tortured in prison or most likely killed. I believe most people have learned from history by now that russia only understands force and isolation. Any negotiation or peace talks is only lies to get more time to prepare for a more brutal attack, because your country does not want peace. At the beginning of the war, every time they agreed for green corridors, the Ukrainians were attacked by rockets or mines. So to have illusions and live under this brutal regime? Never.
So if russia currently is living under pretty much the same regime, how to stop it? Just like soviets collapsed, once it started to have financial problems and the oppressed people started to stand up for freedom.

That is why I donate to the army of Ukraine, because I know every russian military equipment destroyed, every dead occupant is better for everyone who wants peace. And that is why I support any sanctions against russia, because it weakens their economy that is funding this violence, and perhaps finally will encourage the citizens who are not vatniks to stand up for their future.

Vito, I have no desire to teach russians anything. My wish is for russia to screw off from other independent countries and stop being a constant threat and a problem.
A good example of a brave russian guy is the youtube channel 1420, which I also support. Making people think with a few questions.

Anyway, I don't understand why you had to bring this discussion here. I would've gladly talked more with you in-game or in private. I think you are obviously not a vatnik and have some good sense in you, so it would've been an interesting discussion. But you chose to make this sneaky, strange report instead and now we're wasting time with these posts.

Still requesting to close this report, because this discussion has no relevance to this game, the CTF server or my abilities to handle admin duties responsibly.

Offline vitovc #5 on: October 12, 2023, 11:31:20 am

• View Profile
I consider such views about country and its people as racism. Its not about using admin /commands its about representation of server authorities. I respect rights to say any options of individual person even when write such things https://i.imgur.com/2xPL7a6.png its freedom of speech. But authorities have more responsibility because they are "face" of server.

Offline Veteran #6 on: October 12, 2023, 12:57:13 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Be brave, Vito, don't be scared to tell your opinion.

It is not racist to condemn genocidal and terrorist actions that a country is doing. In some EU countries (such as mine) there are laws that come with consequences if you want to stay neutral or justify actions of russia.

My suggestion would be to worry less about a vcmp chat that is either way filled with toxic garbage, has no meaning in life and does not affect your future in any way. The faces of russia should be the ones to worry about. E.g. ex-PM and ex president medvedev, claiming that Baltics belong to Russia and that not enough of us were killed during the occupation - https://www.euronews.com/2023/05/17/russias-dmitry-medvedev-claims-baltic-countries-belong-to-russia

Yes, I represent the server as a long-time staff member. And I see nothing wrong with my statements. I am not mocking players who come from a certain country, I am not making jokes about the sensitive topic, and I treat you personally with the same respect I treat any other player. I understand that the words I am choosing are harsh and not friendly, but such is the matter and to call things different than they are would feel wrong and disrespectful to the victims and those fighting against this very wrong situation.

Offline vitovc #7 on: October 12, 2023, 02:34:44 pm

• View Profile
In some EU countries (such as mine) there are laws that come with consequences if you want to stay neutral or justify actions of russia.
Sorry I did not expected that laws of your country are making you to hate russia because you afraid to form an opinion in fears of going to jail according laws of your country. Its a shame such totalitarianism in europe. In russia people are allowed to stay neutral so I expected same in europe. I am not going to blame a victim of totalitarian regime that makes you to act in such way.

Offline Veteran #8 on: October 12, 2023, 02:41:06 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
 ;D ;D ;D

Cheers man, have a happy life!

Offline Fortune #9 on: October 14, 2023, 11:31:53 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I think the best is to avoid Political discussions at all while in-game.

Offline vitovc #10 on: October 15, 2023, 03:59:53 pm

• View Profile
I think the best is to avoid Political discussions at all while in-game.
You probably did not noticed but almost every popular server of vcmp (including ctf) has GEOIP to announce in chat country of each joining player. VC-MP is designed to provoke political, ethnics and other geographical-based discussions. But hateful speech from 'official' person and 'regular' player has very different value in my point of view. If I am wrong and in view's of managers that value is same then nothing to report because racism is allowed by server rules itself. It's all about admin's behavior standards not about generic rules.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 04:03:12 pm by vitovc »

Offline NewK #11 on: November 30, 2023, 02:58:27 am

• Developer
    • View Profile
Alright I think this has gone on long enough, it seems clear to me veteran's statement was related to the current russia-ukraine war, maybe it could have been worded better but I think its obvious that its not a blanket statement that applies to all russians, this was also confirmed by him above, so I dont really consider this as a racist remark.