Author Topic: [AFt]We3da^ - Artificial Lag  (Read 1670 times)

Offline GangstaRas on: April 15, 2018, 03:15:25 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Player nickname: [AFt]We3da^
Date: 13 April, 2018
Reason for reporting: I believe he's using some sort of artificial lag
Proof:

https://youtu.be/5c1SwRY5CL4

Already messaged NewK about this, but I didn't provide any evidence. I have others under my radar for the same issue, but my evidence on them isn't as conclusive as this one, so it would be a waste of my time to upload something that would be inconclusive to others that weren't there. Regardless, they have also been noted privately.

Offline Forlove #1 on: April 16, 2018, 06:11:54 pm

• View Profile
He uses artificial lag and aimlock also. I don't have evidence but I know a guy dueled him and said that.

Btw, he can be a ban evader and playing with same connection in all servers.

Offline FulToN_619 #2 on: April 17, 2018, 12:29:57 am

• Silence is a source of great strength.
    • View Profile

Offline NewK #3 on: April 21, 2018, 01:00:49 pm

• Developer
    • View Profile
I have to say his ping spiking from 80 to 100 doesn't convince me it's artificial lag. This really looks like the usual CTF4 desync issues that we all know about. I've had similar encounters with alot of players just like that but only on CTF4. Do you have videos of this happening in any other server like CTF5 or a different server?

Offline GangstaRas #4 on: April 23, 2018, 06:38:45 am

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Nah, none other, I haven't fought him anywhere else before. But one thing of note is that for the entirety of this match that happened, I don't believe We3da was killed by anyone and it was a good group of us that day, like 15+ players or so witnessing this.

Something that didn't jump to me initially is that this could be speedhack where instead of increased speed the player slows down himself. That puts players in a desynced state (where they're just unhittable). The stuttering and slow running speed would be the signs as someone with a bad connection don't display that kind of behaviour, more like extrapolation issues (the timeout effect on players essentially, till their client updates the server on their position)