Author Topic: (To be implemented) marker of flag on the radar  (Read 4006 times)

vito69 on: March 01, 2018, 11:45:31 pm

Most of gamemodes of capturing some objects has it. It's very useful to players to know where flag located is. Yes it will use I/O a bit more but I'm sure it should to be added here. Just small markers with minimal size updated each 100ms on the current position of flag.

Also makers of bases shold be smaller.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 08:54:22 am by Berkay Khan »

Offline ELK #1 on: March 02, 2018, 02:39:44 am

• Administrator
  • The age of elves has come
    • View Profile
Yeah i like this idea and, it will be very helpful to newbies.
Remove the base markers or make em smaller likewise vito's suggestion.

What do yo other maricons say bou dis eh?
The Golden Horde

Offline SanaullaH #2 on: March 02, 2018, 04:59:16 am

• You're the boss from you , we learn
    • View Profile
Credits RoyStang / RavenouZ

Offline Zeeshan.Bhatti #3 on: March 02, 2018, 10:27:40 am

• View Profile
-1 players with flag will be exposed and everyone will be awared where the flag is and players shoot before flagger cross near them. It is useless.
Current Experience: EC Admin.
Past Experience: LG Dev, VCDM Dev, SDC Admin, AvT Admin, Skylarks Admin, Skylarks cnr, ECS Admin.
Events:  EC Championship Ref, EC Ladder Admin, ViceWar VI Admin, EYE 3 Ref, ECKO Management, EYE4 Ref.
TRC Member - Since 03, May, 2017

Offline ELK #4 on: March 02, 2018, 11:10:06 am

• Administrator
    • View Profile
-1 players with flag will be exposed and everyone will be awared where the flag is and players shoot before flagger cross near them. It is useless.
What do you mean? Vito's suggestion has nothing to do with this. He simply suggested to add flag markers, like red marker for RED team's flag and BLUE for blue team's flag. He did not mean to show the marker of player who has flag. ( correct me if i'm wrong @Vito )

« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 11:12:44 am by ELK »
The Golden Horde

vito69 #5 on: March 02, 2018, 12:09:01 pm

He did not mean to show the marker of player who has flag.
I did. But anyway there is alot of options: show only dropped flag, show flag holded by player of your team only and so on. It's up to this discussion and player's option in the result.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 12:14:45 pm by vito69 »

Offline ELK #6 on: March 02, 2018, 01:45:56 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Well if thats the thing then i do agree with @zeeshan, it won't be competitive as it is now but marker for flag which has been dropped somewhere else would be nice.

Besides, i suggest to apply my idea for ctf5 since it does not show you the opponent's team flag like it does in ctf4 when round is about to start.
Replacing those big base markers by small flag markers, like red colored one for team red and so for blue would be nice and helpful for newbies to get to the flag.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 01:54:20 pm by ELK »
The Golden Horde

Offline SanaullaH #7 on: March 03, 2018, 05:06:32 am

• You're the boss from you , we learn
    • View Profile
yesterday i was playing, a player was in blue team with me he captured the red flag and run away reconnect and join red team
don't know where dafaq he reconnected with our flag , we were just finding the flag to recover but fail bcoz of too much red players ,  i mean he just hide our flag and reconnect just to win ? :v
show only dropped flag

dropped flag , red team to red team and blue team to blue team
i hope you understand :3
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 05:09:43 am by SanaullaH »
Credits RoyStang / RavenouZ

vito69 #8 on: March 03, 2018, 05:16:35 pm

barely newk will agree to stream (playercount quantity) makers to show flags on hands but at least dropped flags (to show for all) will be useful

Offline Zeeshan.Bhatti #9 on: March 04, 2018, 07:30:58 am

• View Profile
barely newk will agree to stream (playercount quantity) makers to show flags on hands but at least dropped flags (to show for all) will be useful
+1
Current Experience: EC Admin.
Past Experience: LG Dev, VCDM Dev, SDC Admin, AvT Admin, Skylarks Admin, Skylarks cnr, ECS Admin.
Events:  EC Championship Ref, EC Ladder Admin, ViceWar VI Admin, EYE 3 Ref, ECKO Management, EYE4 Ref.
TRC Member - Since 03, May, 2017

Offline PANZER24 #10 on: March 04, 2018, 11:30:36 am

• My HAZARDOUS ENVIROMMENT SUIT IS BROKEN
    • View Profile
+1
also if theres a texture of the flag that would be sticked to the player to identify who's carrying the flag will be amazing. What da ya think?
I hate my school classmates ;(
My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-2Wlridhk4qKSGjkERVXcQ
Subscribe this means a lot for me!!!

vito69 #11 on: March 05, 2018, 11:59:42 pm

+1
also if theres a texture of the flag that would be sticked to the player to identify who's carrying the flag will be amazing. What da ya think?
Yes, marking player (of your team only) who holding flag as a gui element on the screen is even better than radar mark and its not limited in terms of scriptig. Great idea Panzer.

Offline NewK #12 on: March 06, 2018, 02:25:35 pm

• Developer
    • View Profile
Hmm, I like the idea of showing the marker of the flag when dropped. Players will be drawned to that location which will bring alot of fighting action which is a good thing.

On CTF5 when a player reconnects and has the flag, the flag will respawn back at the team base, on CTF4 I dont recall but I believe it's the same. It's either that or it just drops on the location the player was when he disconnected.

I think we can easily show players with the flags on their backs or on their hands when they capture it though. We would just have to create a few custom player skins that look exactly the same as the ones we use now with a slight diference of having a "flag model" attached to the player skin, then we can change the player skin with .setSkin() when they captured the flag.

Offline PANZER24 #13 on: March 18, 2018, 06:19:24 am

• My HAZARDOUS ENVIROMMENT SUIT IS BROKEN
    • View Profile
good. That's what I'm talking about  :)
I hate my school classmates ;(
My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-2Wlridhk4qKSGjkERVXcQ
Subscribe this means a lot for me!!!