Author Topic: Admin Report - XTM  (Read 1761 times)

Offline FulToN_619 on: February 19, 2018, 02:11:36 pm

• Silence is a source of great strength.
    • View Profile
Admin nickname: XTM
Date: Yesterday - 18th-feb-18
Reason for reporting: Banning players for invalid reason.
Proof: (logs,screenshots,videos....) https://pastebin.com/EQALtB5k
https://pastebin.com/ScQFwFnH
Notes: (Share more information about what happened, if you wish.)Thanks to QarZ for these logs. =)

As explained,
Hello CTF Staff,

I will explain everything shortly. Yesterday night I was playing in server and there were good number of players playing in. Suddenly XTM kicked me for the reason lag. When I rejoined, I got a notification that I have been permanently banned from server for lag.

Cover up points:
1- I am not only CTF player but I do play almost every server. Never have been ever said by any staff member that I lag.
2- My ping is always normal. However, Exceptional in some cases.
3- Okay, CTF has heavy scripts. I understand this can cause players to lag more than the normal. But, till today no any admin has ever kicked me for lag or even said anything. Here, XTM Permanently banned me.
4- I won't say this thing is not mentioned in rules or anything like that. But its common sense. Who bans / gets banned permanently for lag anyway ?

@XTM, I request you to explain whatever you wish to. But Let the managers take decision.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 02:43:51 pm by FulToN_619 »

Offline NewK #1 on: February 21, 2018, 04:23:54 am

• Developer
    • View Profile
As I explained on your ban appeal, we have 1 rule about lagging on purpose and the tempban was because XTM has suspected this was the case. You were not permanently banned, but instead tempbanned for 1 hour, although due to a script bug the script assumed the ban as permanent, which has now been removed. I have already told XTM to issue a warning first, the next time this happens:
That said, a warning should have been issued first instead of a 1 hour tempban. XTM take this into consideration the next time such situations happen.