Author Topic: unban appeal - fulton  (Read 3287 times)

Offline FulToN_619 on: February 19, 2018, 01:48:38 pm

• Silence is a source of great strength.
    • View Profile
Nick used whilst ingame: =TRC=FulToN_619
Time and Date that you were banned: yesterday - 18th-feb-18
Suspected Reason (if any): Invalid reason though. But its Lag.
IP Address: 39.51.12.72
Admin that banned you (if known): XTM

Extra note:

Hello CTF Staff,

I will explain everything shortly. Yesterday night I was playing in server and there were good number of players playing in. Suddenly XTM kicked me for the reason lag. When I rejoined, I got a notification that I have been permanently banned from server for lag.

Cover up points:
1- I am not only CTF player but I do play almost every server. Never have been ever said by any staff member that I lag.
2- My ping is always normal. However, Exceptional in some cases.
3- Okay, CTF has heavy scripts. I understand this can cause players to lag more than the normal. But, till today no any admin has ever kicked me for lag or even said anything. Here, XTM Permanently banned me.
4- I won't say this thing is not mentioned in rules or anything like that. But its common sense. Who bans / gets banned permanently for lag anyway ?

@XTM, kindly explain whatever you wish to. But Let the managers take decision.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 02:48:12 pm by FulToN_619 »

Offline XTM #1 on: February 19, 2018, 02:48:05 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
1. - These members don't care about that. I do.
2. - You have been banned after 3 kicks from server for the reason "Ping limit exceeded."
You continued to rejoin instead of fixing your connection. Explain it. Maybe you cover up cheats/hacks by lag?
3. - Read above, you are repeating.
If it's a permanent ban, it's the server/scripts problem. I have banned you for an 1 hour.
4. - Common sense is the gameplay without hacks and lags.

Offline Crack #2 on: February 19, 2018, 05:56:33 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Banning a player for a internet/script issue is just bullshit.

Also  banning him permanently, what's wrong with you XTM, also I'd to call @NewK to read his opinion about this...

Ban system works well, there's not any bug with ban CMD...

"Maybe you cover up cheats/hacks by lag?"
How is supposed that he will use any shit like that if admins were online?

You can't ban a player for lagging, you should talk first about it if the player, doesn't fix it then you are allowed to kick him...

Offline NewK #3 on: February 19, 2018, 07:41:54 pm

• Developer
    • View Profile
There is infact a bug sometimes with ctf4 ban command where the string is not split correctly and the duration is not saved (admins check the admin panel banlist and you'll see some bans have no duration). When the duration is not saved, the script assumes that its a permanent ban. About lagging, we have a rule about lagging on purpose:
11/01/2017

Making yourself lag (high ping) / lower your fps on purpose to capture the flag is STRICTLY prohibited, this can result in a one week ban.
In what situations did your ping spike?

Offline FulToN_619 #4 on: February 19, 2018, 07:59:06 pm

• View Profile
Look mate, I don't want to go negative with you. You know very well that;
1- I am an old VC-MP player.
2- I have a complete clean record in my VC-MP carrier.
3- I am a member of TRC Crew. Top of the biggest VC-MP clans.
4- My skills are good enough to fight with every guy. I have never drawn back myself.
5- I am one of the active reporters here. I don't know what makes you think I hack.

The fact, you aren't even clear yourselves, what are you doing.
Btw, Is this how you draw back from what you've done ? Script bug ? Numerous players have been banned by the admins in CTF. For limited time and got unbanned when time expires. Blamming Scripts is not any reason. There is a way difference between an hour and permanent ban. You've also banned legend..... Oh wait... yes, its script bug.. xtm pro admin. CTF has bad scripters..

@NewK, I am well aware. Artificial lag is a rule break. But, I haven't used any such feature. However, At that moment, My net was shared to one of my family member. It was being used in a handset.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 08:01:40 pm by FulToN_619 »

Offline Brian #5 on: February 19, 2018, 08:30:35 pm

• =ULK=Noire
    • View Profile
@NewK, I am well aware. Artificial lag is a rule break. But, I haven't used any such feature. However, At that moment, My net was shared to one of my family member. It was being used in a handset.
This is the very definition of intentionally playing with lag. Your lag may not have been artificial however you did intentionally play knowing your net is under heavy traffic by your household.
You kept rejoining instead of fixing it/waiting it out and now you've faced a tempban because of it, perhaps you're not aware of it but this is ruining the fun for other players.

Offline FulToN_619 #6 on: February 20, 2018, 04:07:45 am

• View Profile
@Brian, It is not as you are thinking it to be. Internet at our home is used by every fellow member since very the beginning. That high ping spike, high lag is NOT caused by that WiFi. Because, Whenever I play, I am not alone using the internet. Nothing goes wrong. WiFi only causes my ping to be from 160-70 to 200-21. Thats not a big difference indeed. Even if I had WiFi turned off, This wouldn't have made any difference. There are very very much less chances of my ping to go high > 250. As I told above, Here in Pakistan, Such Internet issues are common. Normal ping spike happens. When I join server, everything is fine. While I play, everything is fine. Just sometimes a ping spikes causes it. That is, NOT INTENTIONALL NOR ARTIFICIAL. Btw, If I was lagging/unable to play. He first had to warn my by words to fix my internet. Than by command. Later on kick was aplicable. And than, ban would have been considered as legit. But here the scenario is different totally.

Let staff make decission. I'm sure they aren't in need of your point of view.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 04:13:58 am by FulToN_619 »

Offline Bninin #7 on: February 20, 2018, 11:07:39 pm

• View Profile
@XTM please give this guy a chanse bcz Fulton are my freind

Offline NewK #8 on: February 21, 2018, 04:16:15 am

• Developer
    • View Profile
If you knew that your internet was under heavy load and yet still kept playing, that is indeed not very fair for the other players.

That said, a warning should have been issued first instead of a 1 hour tempban. XTM take this into consideration the next time such situations happen.

You're unbanned now fulton. As I said above, the reason the script assumed it was a permanent ban was due to a bug.

Offline sheep #9 on: February 23, 2018, 07:33:08 pm

• View Profile