Author Topic: Getting desync everytime  (Read 3159 times)

Offline Fortune on: December 04, 2017, 06:28:29 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm facing the problem since a week ago.....However I don't get deSync in other servers than CTF 0.4.

I can't enjoy the server it makes me hate CTF.

I will post the video if needed.

Offline ELK #1 on: December 04, 2017, 07:19:43 pm

• Administrator
  • The age of elves has come
    • View Profile
WAIT FOR CTF5 :FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
The Golden Horde

Offline Fortune #2 on: December 04, 2017, 08:07:10 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
WAIT FOR CTF5 :FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

CTF 5 is mostly has 0 players. All plays 4, I like that too.

I asked help to solve this problem.

Offline ZUBI #3 on: December 04, 2017, 09:12:20 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Luchgox ctf 5 is our future, once we fell ctf5 is ready to launch then it will be permanent :)
Credits : Berkley/Gohan

Offline Fortune #4 on: December 05, 2017, 06:33:51 am

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Luchgox ctf 5 is our future, once we fell ctf5 is ready to launch then it will be permanent :)

Okay , now drop CTF 5 and tell me solution for the present version. :(

Offline Zeeshan.Bhatti #5 on: December 05, 2017, 02:11:58 pm

• View Profile

The solution is, whenever you plan to play close all your users net first and stop your downloadings/uploadings and wifi users then might be you can able to play freely. Desync occur because of those boundaries in every base used by newk. (correct me If I'm wrong here).
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 02:18:05 pm by Zeeshan.Bhatti »
Current Experience: EC Admin.
Past Experience: LG Dev, VCDM Dev, SDC Admin, AvT Admin, Skylarks Admin, Skylarks cnr, ECS Admin.
Events:  EC Championship Ref, EC Ladder Admin, ViceWar VI Admin, EYE 3 Ref, ECKO Management, EYE4 Ref.
TRC Member - Since 03, May, 2017

Offline NewK #6 on: December 05, 2017, 09:23:46 pm

• Developer
    • View Profile
Actually I did not script CTF4. Nilz scripted CTF4. Me and Murdock have made some adjustments to the script since then whenever it was necessary, but when the java plugin was released I decided to release a new version (CTF5) and re-rewrite the server from scratch in java.

We're no longer actively developing CTF4 or investing time in fixing bugs there seeing as CTF5 will replace it. The desync problem in CTF4 is one of the many issues that the CTF4 version has. There's several suspects of what could be causing the desync, but yes I suspect the issue comes from the boundaries implementation in combination with other factors that are amplified when the server has alot of players. CTF5 has none of these issues though. So your solution at the moment is either play on CTF5 or wait for CTF4 to be replaced by CTF5, and no, we have not yet decided on a date of when that will happen  ::)

Offline Fortune #7 on: December 22, 2017, 06:12:21 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile

The solution is, whenever you plan to play close all your users net first and stop your downloadings/uploadings and wifi users then might be you can able to play freely. Desync occur because of those boundaries in every base used by newk. (correct me If I'm wrong here).

I never keep opens the useless apps in my desktop , and yes I believe I use to play in Home Network through router the thing is that it the desync im getting not desync in any server except ctf 4.

Actually I did not script CTF4. Nilz scripted CTF4. Me and Murdock have made some adjustments to the script since then whenever it was necessary, but when the java plugin was released I decided to release a new version (CTF5) and re-rewrite the server from scratch in java.

We're no longer actively developing CTF4 or investing time in fixing bugs there seeing as CTF5 will replace it. The desync problem in CTF4 is one of the many issues that the CTF4 version has. There's several suspects of what could be causing the desync, but yes I suspect the issue comes from the boundaries implementation in combination with other factors that are amplified when the server has alot of players. CTF5 has none of these issues though. So your solution at the moment is either play on CTF5 or wait for CTF4 to be replaced by CTF5, and no, we have not yet decided on a date of when that will happen  ::)

Yes you are right, that means I can't play CTF4 till it get locked permanently?Ok.... :)

Offline Fortune #8 on: December 27, 2017, 05:41:42 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Bump....

Why this not happens with SMD , MarineForce tho?

Offline MD619 #9 on: December 27, 2017, 08:52:13 pm

• View Profile
Bump....

Why this not happens with SMD , MarineForce tho?
They both are your brothers right.
Do you guys use same internet?

Offline Fortune #10 on: December 29, 2017, 06:29:48 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline PANZER24 #11 on: December 30, 2017, 05:27:02 pm

• My HAZARDOUS ENVIROMMENT SUIT IS BROKEN
    • View Profile
They both are your brothers right.
What the, so SMD is the brother of MarineForce!!!!!!!!!
The difference between MarineForce and SMD is like the difference between earth and moon!!!!!!
I hate my school classmates ;(
My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-2Wlridhk4qKSGjkERVXcQ
Subscribe this means a lot for me!!!