Author Topic: (Implemented) Chainsaw only  (Read 11423 times)

Offline aXXo #15 on: November 01, 2017, 07:28:57 pm

• View Profile

Offline Eddy #16 on: November 01, 2017, 09:59:31 pm

• Manager
    • View Profile
xD

newk lazy

Offline NewK #17 on: November 05, 2017, 11:10:02 pm

• Developer
    • View Profile
Too much stuff to do and not enough time  :'(
Maybe I should do like nilz and murdock and take a big break  :-X

Offline Sevrin #18 on: November 07, 2017, 04:14:21 pm

• ||The Resurgence - RT|| ||Pakistani Legends - PL||
    • View Profile
Riot for not adding chainsaw :-X

Offline aXXo #19 on: November 08, 2017, 07:20:56 pm

• View Profile
Too much stuff to do and not enough time  :'(
Maybe I should do like nilz and murdock and take a big break  :-X
Chainsaw ID is 11.
here, I did 12% of the work for you. :)

Offline krystianoo #20 on: November 10, 2017, 09:00:43 am

• View Profile
Please don't add Chainsaw or Remote grenades to the server. Please... those weapons are the most noobish weapons and adding them will just result in suddenly everyone abusing Chainsaw / Remote in close combat which in turn will lower average skill in VCMP because everyone will see and use those weapons as an alternative to shotguns.
<iCow> >> [MK]Halchter was banned from the server, Reason:  0 in tribute to krys
<cCow> ** [8]  [MK]Halchter has left the server. (Kicked)

Offline MD619 #21 on: November 13, 2017, 04:54:54 pm

• View Profile
Please add chainsaw to molotov set.
That set is heavily underused.

Offline ELK #22 on: November 13, 2017, 05:19:28 pm

• Administrator
  • The age of elves has come
    • View Profile
Please don't add Chainsaw or Remote grenades to the server. Please... those weapons are the most noobish weapons and adding them will just result in suddenly everyone abusing Chainsaw / Remote in close combat which in turn will lower average skill in VCMP because everyone will see and use those weapons as an alternative to shotguns.
SI

big 1 gb no for chainsaw
The Golden Horde

Offline NewK #23 on: November 13, 2017, 08:03:58 pm

• Developer
    • View Profile
So should we remove all weapons that are easy to use? Spaz, M60, Molos, RPG? That'd turn  boring real fast. Sets can be limited to 1 person per team just like the rpg pack, if they're too overpowered, that is.

If the chainsaw is to be added to the server it will be added as a new pack and not as an addition to any of the current packs. The molo pack tho underused is actually really powerful if one knows how to use molos correctly, adding the chainsaw to it would make it far too powerful. In my opinion, molo's are the best wep to fight with while outnumbered, very easy to defend bases with those.

Offline krystianoo #24 on: November 14, 2017, 04:07:02 pm

• View Profile
So should we remove all weapons that are easy to use? Spaz, M60, Molos, RPG? That'd turn  boring real fast. Sets can be limited to 1 person per team just like the rpg pack, if they're too overpowered, that is.

If the chainsaw is to be added to the server it will be added as a new pack and not as an addition to any of the current packs. The molo pack tho underused is actually really powerful if one knows how to use molos correctly, adding the chainsaw to it would make it far too powerful. In my opinion, molo's are the best wep to fight with while outnumbered, very easy to defend bases with those.

There's a huge difference between the weapons you've mentioned and Remote Grenades and Chainsaw - really.

Here's what you can do with remote grenades; if losing in close combat you can pull them out, throw one, bomb yourself and the enemy; both of you will get knocked down and there's literally no way for the knocked down enemy to stop it.

There's literally no way to stop, counter this playstyle - while every other weapon you mentioned has a counter; counters that are, well.. quite obvious, so I won't mention them.

It's more or less the same with Chainsaw - fighting in close combat? Oh, look, I'll pull out a chainsaw and saw you to death in less than a second. Hey, you'll do the same? Well I'm on 25 fps average and you're on 60 so have fun with that! Yes, sure, I agree that Chainsaw is slightly more counterable than the case with remote grenades, but still... please, no.

If yes, then at least add them as a set with only Chainsaw, an SMG and a pistol - no shotguns. Please...
<iCow> >> [MK]Halchter was banned from the server, Reason:  0 in tribute to krys
<cCow> ** [8]  [MK]Halchter has left the server. (Kicked)

Offline NewK #25 on: November 14, 2017, 09:04:37 pm

• Developer
    • View Profile
I can concede that the chainsaw is indeed very powerful. That's something I agree with, no doubt. But don't make the argument that it should not be added because it messes players playing at 60fps. That's one of the things you get for choosing to play at 60fps, that was a decision you made full knowing of the disadvantages that come with it. Just like the players playing at 30fps have to deal with the advantages that 60fps players have, like fliping vehicles on foot, faster heli takeoff, faster rail slides etc... it's now time that players playing at 60fps learn to deal with their own disadvantages for making the choice of 60fps over 30fps. Despite being warned countless times by developers of all the disadvantages that come with it. You're at the mercy of this game's broken engine. I chose not to make this server force any FrameLimiter setting (30fps vs 60fps), if I forced 30fps, 60fps'ers would complain, and if I forced 60fps, 30fps'ers would complain, so I let the players choose themselves but that means that they should be aware of all the shortcomings of their decision.

Offline PANZER24 #26 on: November 14, 2017, 09:14:18 pm

• My HAZARDOUS ENVIROMMENT SUIT IS BROKEN
    • View Profile
seems a good idea!!!!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 09:15:52 pm by PANZER24 »
I hate my school classmates ;(
My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-2Wlridhk4qKSGjkERVXcQ
Subscribe this means a lot for me!!!

Offline aXXo #27 on: November 15, 2017, 02:37:57 pm

• View Profile
If the chainsaw is to be added to the server it will be added as a new pack and not as an addition to any of the current packs.
Flamethrower, MP5, Chainsaw could work as a complete breacher set. Perfect against campers, pretty much useless anywhere else.
Alternatively, you could introduce a small firearm custom weapon. Perhaps a Deagle(24 Damage pistol that you can move and shoot).

Offline NewK #28 on: November 15, 2017, 07:39:29 pm

• Developer
    • View Profile
If the chainsaw is to be added to the server it will be added as a new pack and not as an addition to any of the current packs.
Flamethrower, MP5, Chainsaw could work as a complete breacher set. Perfect against campers, pretty much useless anywhere else.
This could be interesting and very fun to play with when breaching into bases in tight spaces but the flamethrower ammo would have to be limited  maybe. If not, one could very well sit inside a base in tight spaces and stay there forever while spamming the flamethrower.

Offline Danish #29 on: November 16, 2017, 05:54:32 am

• View Profile
Chainsaw in CTF nah