Author Topic: Discussion: SS - VU  (Read 12178 times)

Offline ELK #15 on: July 09, 2017, 08:56:47 pm

• Administrator
  • The age of elves has come
    • View Profile
@juan, I just asked something... who is blaming you? If I had restarted the round, people would have said that it was in my favor.

what if any other staff had restarted round, do you think that ppl wouldn't blame them?

In relation to the axxo, it is different, he was committing suicide, nobody took action then I paused the round.

I had no access to any cmds in ctf 5 but i was spectating @axxo and i did inform you guys/admins about it but then i was told that the deaths would be counted after the round ends so yea i did what else i could.
The Golden Horde

Offline krystianoo #16 on: July 09, 2017, 08:58:58 pm

• View Profile
So it was okay that one of you ended one base because of a bug, but it wouldn't be okay if you ended that one.

As I said I have no need to discuss further. We won fair, spectators say the bug didn't play any part in it. As you are the losing party in that round, it is expected of you to cry about it being unfair. I might also cry for the ship base to be replayed because Milko spectated our team for the whole round as a red player, meaning he saw teamchat. I could also cry about Eddy being desynched for the entirety of the match, possibly due to using VOIP. Or should I cry for a round being ended in the mall due to ANOTHER BUG while we had your flag in our hands. Accept it, you lost fair.

Final score is 2-2, post match stats and get on with it.

I used to write like this too. Making up things that didn't exist but that had a high likeliness of happening.

spectators say the bug didn't play any part in it.

First of all, I haven't really seen any spectators saying it. Except for VUs, but I guess that doesn't matter.

Even if, then what..? Spectators are biased in one way or another. Referees aren't supposed to be.

As you are the losing party in that round, it is expected of you to cry about it being unfair.

It is. I never stated otherwise. In fact, had we won, I wouldn't complain, but I would agree to the rematch and so would Eddy. And I don't think you can prove otherwise.

I might also cry for the ship base to be replayed because Milko spectated our team for the whole round as a red player, meaning he saw teamchat.

You can, feel free to do it. But would your complaint even make sense? Especially when Milko spectated me.

I could also cry about Eddy being desynched for the entirety of the match, possibly due to using VOIP.

No proof - message shouldn't be considered.

Or should I cry for a round being ended in the mall due to ANOTHER BUG while we had your flag in our hands.

[19:39:21] [SS]krystianoo: this is wrong again
[19:39:24] [SS]krystianoo: this is wrong again
[19:39:27] [VU]GangstaRas: wrong side

Is wrong side a bug? Even your de facto representative said it's the wrong side.

Accept it, you lost fair.

I redirect you to point 1 and 2.

Im admin i wanted VU to win but that doesnt mean i would lie about what i watched, plus sevrin was banned but he wasnt an admin from here, you're too heated about the tie like you were back in VW6
you're mad and you try to provoke ppl like you always do, leave me alone i didnt pause it cos there were higher ranks in the server, like i didnt do nothing about the axxo issue, i just said those points would be counted when round ends, go blame someone else

Did I ever say you lied?

So what that Sevrin wasn't an admin. Does that make him a non-cheater in your eyes?

I don't see any provocations in the posts I make. In fact, you keep calling me diazepam or kryzepam or telling me to take a pill or finally commit suicide.

i didnt pause it cos there were higher ranks in the server, like i didnt do nothing about the axxo issue, i just said those points would be counted when round ends, go blame someone else

So I repeat my point. Why do you give your opinion here and to BliTz, if even YOU don't consider yourself a referee of the VU - SS match?

@juan, I just asked something... who is blaming you? If I had restarted the round, people would have said that it was in my favor.

what if any other staff had restarted round, do you think that ppl wouldn't blame them?

But ELK, they were considered referees. Eddy was PLAYING the clan war, referees saw what was happening but nothing.

Referees are supposed to uphold the rules irregardless of what people think.
<iCow> >> [MK]Halchter was banned from the server, Reason:  0 in tribute to krys
<cCow> ** [8]  [MK]Halchter has left the server. (Kicked)

jUan_ #17 on: July 09, 2017, 09:12:19 pm

then as the highest ranked ref in the server at that moment, he shoulda ended the round like he did with axxo, dont ask us nor blame us

Offline krystianoo #18 on: July 09, 2017, 09:15:36 pm

• View Profile
then as the highest ranked ref in the server at that moment, he shoulda ended the round like he did with axxo, dont ask us nor blame us

As I stated previously, Eddy was not a REFEREE.

And as I stated even more previously, there is a difference between ending the round in favour of the opponent team (VU) because it means that your team (SS) agrees on it too.

Eddy CAN'T just end the round in favour of SS because VU would disagree, you would disagree (since you're all disagreeing now). It's the R E F E R E E ' S JOB to do it.

Besides, even after the round of Damn Roofers you stated that the score should remain 1-0 and the round shouldn't be replayed?

So how can I not blame you for inaction if you're making decisions but then cutting yourself away from them?

<iCow> >> [MK]Halchter was banned from the server, Reason:  0 in tribute to krys

Offline ELK #19 on: July 09, 2017, 09:19:27 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Quote from: Krys

But ELK, they were considered referees. Eddy was PLAYING the clan war, referees saw what was happening but nothing.

Look i know it was not ed's responsibility but eddy has higher rank and i don't think its not that big deal for him to /pauseround. Atleast you guys( any of staff ) should have paused round to discuss about that bug rather than playing the complete round and asking whether to replay it or not.

The Golden Horde

Offline krystianoo #20 on: July 09, 2017, 09:25:47 pm

• View Profile
Quote from: Krys

Look i know it was not ed's responsibility but eddy has higher rank and i don't think its not that big deal for him to /pauseround. Atleast you guys( any of staff ) should have paused round to discuss about that bug rather than playing the complete round and asking whether to replay it or not.

I think we can agree that it was the referees' responsibility to do so, not Eddy's, and so I see no reason to push this any further.

There's a difference between pausing the round without the opponent's team agreement when they're at an advantage and pausing the round for your opponents when they're at a disadvantage.
Besides I'm not even sure people know of the pause round command. :P

jUan_ #21 on: July 09, 2017, 09:25:55 pm

Lets make one thing clear, YOU LOST that one, like you smashed VU in the second round, they defended very well, you couldnt have gotten those 2 flags that you needed to win, dude its just 1 round is it that hard to get over it? stop making pointless questions, i just shared my opinion and you wont stop asking me questions, go do a rematch or tie breaker next week or whatever the fuck yoy want to do, but VU played better and did a better perfomance on that one and won it, like you smashed them in bigship for like 160 points diff.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 09:29:07 pm by jUan_ »

Offline krystianoo #22 on: July 09, 2017, 09:30:22 pm

• View Profile
Lets make one thing clear, YOU LOST that one, like you smashed VU in the second round, they defended very well, you couldnt have gotten those 2 flags that you needed to win, dude its just 1 round is it that hard to get over it? stop making pointless questions, i just shared my opinion and you wont stop asking me questions, go do a rematch or tie breaker next week or whatever the fuck yoy want to do, but VU played better and did a better perfomance on that one and won it, like you smashed them in bgiship for like 160 points diff.

No.

We couldn't win the round because... the flags were bugged.

The gamemode is Capture the Flag, not Team Deathmatch.

The main feature of the gamemode was missing, which clearly affected the main score. Yet, you do not want a replay of the round. You claim the round was fair. I already addressed why it's not fair in point 2).

jUan_ #23 on: July 09, 2017, 09:36:22 pm

lol you could just run into the flag without even staying still on it cos there were 3+ guys shooting at you SS all the time.

will you go to the end to get that round replayed is it that important for you or what?

CTF is based on capturing the flag but you can also win by doing a great defending perfomance and in this case VU did it, does that have less value than capturing flags? i was watching it and you couldnt have captured a single flag... keep blabbering or asking me why i didnt take any action but thats what happened.

Offline ELK #24 on: July 09, 2017, 09:42:25 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
i got to know from @zubi that when the bug was discovered, it was too late so i don't see any point in pulling this thread further more.
The Golden Horde

Offline krystianoo #25 on: July 09, 2017, 09:44:09 pm

• View Profile
lol you could just run into the flag without even staying still on it cos there were 3+ guys shooting at you SS all the time.

will you go to the end to get that round replayed is it that important for you or what?

CTF is based on capturing the flag but you can also win by doing a great defending perfomance and in this case VU did it, does that have less value than capturing flags? i was watching it and you couldnt have captured a single flag... keep blabbering or asking me why i didnt take any action but thats what happened.

As I stated previously, you cannot assume what would happen if X or Y.

But what are you stating here, really? That we should've given up the match once it was 1-2 in scores? That's what most people criticise this gamemode for. The park-the-bus strategy. In fact I think Damn Roofers is one of those maps that has no solution against this, but I might be wrong and I don't want to hypothesize certain strategies, just in case.

Yes, VU performed "great" on defense. By great; they spammed the entrance teleport. I don't think it was very skillful, but the end result was great.

But we have to adapt. Adapt and survive. And once it was 1-2 and VU just camped the entry to their base, we HAD to attack. Flags were our only way to win, and they were bugged, and they definietly influenced the end outcome. You can theorize that they wouldn't like you are right now, but I disagree with your position and I won't agree.

Would we still win or lose the round replay? That's not the point of this conversation. I guess the odds are against us.

The point is is that the round was unfair due to a bug that essentially turned the server into a TDM gamemode, and we ask for it to be replayed.

i got to know from @zubi that when the bug was discovered, it was too late so i don't see any point in pulling this thread further more.

Do not see what this means, edit: nor if it's true. I don't know, really.

I don't really intend to discuss this further, I've stated what I have to say and it appears that we will unfortunately have to agree to disagree although we still do not consider the 'official' result that VU wins the round.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 09:53:52 pm by krystianoo »

Offline NewK #26 on: July 09, 2017, 10:08:36 pm

• Developer
    • View Profile
I just tested it, and I can confirm, there is indeed a bug. It happened to me right now. You need to know the exact details and do it in the right sequence to reproduce it, so it's normal that it didn't happen to some of you but happened to others.

It only happens when certain conditions are met, but it does happen. I'll be working on fixing this.

Quick question though, did the server ever crash or did any staff member restarted it?

Offline krystianoo #27 on: July 09, 2017, 10:11:53 pm

• View Profile
Eddy restarted the server before the second map started.

The reason the bug occured (at least, to my knowledge) is because the map was changed from Underground Parking ---> BigShip, after some time it was ended and Damn Roofers was played. Where the pickups would teleport you to locations you would be teleported normally on the Underground Parking map.

Offline SMD #28 on: July 09, 2017, 10:12:33 pm

• View Profile
It was not a flag bug the bug was there where u put flags not in capturing flag and ye if you tried to capture the flag and fail to capture it. it will show that (the red/blue team failed to steal  the blue flag, respawning in 10 seconds) why it does not shows when you failed to capture the flag and teleported to other place?

What are you trying to prove?

Everyone accepts the existence of the bug at the Damn Roofers base during the SS - VU clan war.

The flag acted like a teleport pickup, but it had the flag icon which is why no message appeared.

Because the pickup was considered to be a teleport one by the script.

I am not here to prove anything i played like 4 matches on different bases and all have that siiue and flag isn't bugged only the point where we drop flags that bugged.

Like some bases teleport u too ocean beach near ammu nation and some teleport you to North point mall.

There is no flag bug only that bugged where we put flags.
you can try it.

Offline The Milko #29 on: July 09, 2017, 10:15:44 pm

• chod na bakalar yaar
    • View Profile
    • Secret Slayers
So basically, that round shouldn't count reason unfair and ss win 2-1
good kabulization