Author Topic: [CTF 5.0] /respawn  (Read 2076 times)

Offline aXXo on: January 22, 2017, 05:00:14 am

• View Profile
A /respawn command is needed when players spawn at Malibu sometime. To teleport the player back at one of his spawn points in the arena.

It could simply check if the player is inside Malibu and teleport the player back to the arena without any delay if true.
Malibu's Poly( 452.1610, -90.6330, 502.2740, -90.6300, 501.9740, -46.3090, 451.9360, -46.6510 )

I guess the problem would be at the bases which include the malibu, but I guess a a public message and admins online can prevent any death evasion or abuse.

Offline NewK #1 on: January 22, 2017, 03:25:38 pm

• Developer
    • View Profile
How often does this happen and in what arena did it happen? Probably a bug with the arenas spawnpoint or maybe something caused by another bug.

Offline Zeeshan.Bhatti #2 on: January 22, 2017, 06:02:26 pm

• View Profile
As I know I noticed the same bug in other servers too, sometimes we spawn at another position which set by server. Still they didn't find any solution that how to fix that bug.

and that bug causing when someone have high pings or low fps(iam 50% percent sure).
Current Experience: EC Admin.
Past Experience: LG Dev, VCDM Dev, SDC Admin, AvT Admin, Skylarks Admin, Skylarks cnr, ECS Admin.
Events:  EC Championship Ref, EC Ladder Admin, ViceWar VI Admin, EYE 3 Ref, ECKO Management, EYE4 Ref.
TRC Member - Since 03, May, 2017

Offline aXXo #3 on: January 23, 2017, 08:42:06 pm

• View Profile
This is a problem that happens when you try to teleport the player on player spawn event. When the player's ping is jittery, it does not teleport as intended. But instead spawns the player at the class's default spawn(which in CTF is Malibu for every skin I suppose).

It happens on every server. EC fixed it by delaying the teleport by a second.

Offline NewK #4 on: January 23, 2017, 10:05:10 pm

• Developer
    • View Profile
This is a problem that happens when you try to teleport the player on player spawn event. When the player's ping is jittery, it does not teleport as intended. But instead spawns the player at the class's default spawn(which in CTF is Malibu for every skin I suppose).

It happens on every server. EC fixed it by delaying the teleport by a second.
Oh I see. I tought it was just a bad arena spawnpoint, we've had some of those before when converting the spawnpoints from CTF4 to CTF5. I think I'll add a sphere to teleport the user back to a spawnpoint right there on the  exact default spawnpoint on malibu that will only show during a round that isn't located on malibu.

EDIT: Kinda forgot to reply to this, but this has already been fixed a while ago, I added a sphere there to teleport you to the round.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 10:48:40 pm by NewK »