Author Topic: Server issues  (Read 7859 times)

Offline NewK on: April 09, 2016, 06:28:48 pm

• Developer
    • View Profile
We've started the process of moving to another server, the new IP is 51.255.102.244:5196. However there's been some issues. Apparently some people see the server online and some people see it offline, even though the server is online. We're trying to fix this issue as fast as possible.

This just a notice letting you know that we haven't abandoned the server. I have greats things planned ahead for the future of the server, stay tuned  ::)

Offline KakaroT #1 on: April 09, 2016, 07:53:54 pm

• View Profile
I have greats things planned ahead for the future of the server, stay tuned  ::)
Looking at server since 2016 always empty.  :-\  Anyways we won't have laggy ctf matches in future if server came to life, goodjob.  ;D

Offline Zeeshan.Bhatti #2 on: April 10, 2016, 09:27:25 am

• View Profile
Good job!
Current Experience: EC Admin.
Past Experience: LG Dev, VCDM Dev, SDC Admin, AvT Admin, Skylarks Admin, Skylarks cnr, ECS Admin.
Events:  EC Championship Ref, EC Ladder Admin, ViceWar VI Admin, EYE 3 Ref, ECKO Management, EYE4 Ref.
TRC Member - Since 03, May, 2017

Offline ZUBI #3 on: April 10, 2016, 04:35:43 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
well good news gonna wait for the update to come as well as lag free server ;D
Credits : Berkley/Gohan

Offline Sevrin #4 on: April 15, 2016, 02:09:28 pm

• ||The Resurgence - RT|| ||Pakistani Legends - PL||
    • View Profile
Sorry, I was late but I want to suggest something:

I don't know what was the reason it was offline for me & online for some others but when it was online for me, there was many lag & warps in the server, even our ping spikes only in CTF server so I prefer please when the next updates comes, please make it smooth & lag free. CTF was gone to inactivity for sometime(1-3 months before) but it was active back again after CF vs HS & Larkana rivalries. So just a suggestion, please detect why these lags are going on & maybe if there is any host problem, try Drake-hosting, as far as I know he'll host it as also its official :).

VC:MP's player count was decreased in all servers(previous weeks/months) but it will be back because in most of countries e.g Pakistan & India exams session is going on so you(staff) should discuss to bring CTF back to activity 8). Have a good day!

Offline NewK #5 on: April 15, 2016, 08:18:37 pm

• Developer
    • View Profile
Sorry, I was late but I want to suggest something:

I don't know what was the reason it was offline for me & online for some others but when it was online for me, there was many lag & warps in the server, even our ping spikes only in CTF server so I prefer please when the next updates comes, please make it smooth & lag free. CTF was gone to inactivity for sometime(1-3 months before) but it was active back again after CF vs HS & Larkana rivalries. So just a suggestion, please detect why these lags are going on & maybe if there is any host problem, try Drake-hosting, as far as I know he'll host it as also its official :).

VC:MP's player count was decreased in all servers(previous weeks/months) but it will be back because in most of countries e.g Pakistan & India exams session is going on so you(staff) should discuss to bring CTF back to activity 8). Have a good day!
As I said, we haven't abandoned the the server, I have no plans of ever shutting down the server. The server will be back online once the problem is fixed.

The issue with the new server is that there seems to be a loss of UDP packets which is the reason why some of you can see it and some can't. We're currently doing everything in our power to sort out the issues, but sadly it's a bit out of our control since this is an issue with the server provider (OVH), it's an issue on their end, so they are the only ones who can really fix it. We got in touch with them so now we're just waiting for their support. This new server is far more powerful than the old server and should have absolutely no problems with lagg once all the problems are sorted out. It's also far more powerful than the servers that Drake is currently using, so it would make no sense for us to change. And his servers are also provided by the same company that provides our server (OVH), this is just an issue with this specific machine that we got that needs to be addressed by OVH.

On the topic of server lag, I can acknowledge that the old server lagged sometimes, however I also noticed that alot of people who just have bad connections, blame the server every time they are kicked for high ping. I have seen alot players from Pakistan getting random ping spikes and getting kicked and then blame the server. A very known fact in this community is that there are alot of issues with the ISPs from Pakistan and most incoming connections from Pakistan are unstable at best. I'm not blaming any players from Pakistan as this is obviously not their fault, this is just a reminder than even though the old server lagged from time to time, alot of the times it was also just players with bad connections.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 08:22:31 pm by NewK »

Offline ZUBI #6 on: April 15, 2016, 09:45:18 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Since on going issues with server, i also decided to postponed matches and wait for the lag free server.

QarZ #7 on: April 18, 2016, 06:47:17 pm

Offline Crack #8 on: April 18, 2016, 11:04:30 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hey guys! Thanks for your good wishes! Keep calm, MK CTF Will live forevah  8)

Offline Zeeshan.Bhatti #9 on: April 22, 2016, 08:42:33 am

• View Profile
Hey guys! Thanks for your good wishes! Keep calm, MK CTF Will live forevah  8)
yo yo yo :P
Current Experience: EC Admin.
Past Experience: LG Dev, VCDM Dev, SDC Admin, AvT Admin, Skylarks Admin, Skylarks cnr, ECS Admin.
Events:  EC Championship Ref, EC Ladder Admin, ViceWar VI Admin, EYE 3 Ref, ECKO Management, EYE4 Ref.
TRC Member - Since 03, May, 2017

Offline Niko #10 on: April 30, 2016, 12:37:32 am

• Administrator
  • نيكو 😈 نيكو
    • View Profile
    • SS
Hope to see the ctf again online with the best matches

Playing since 2012 |EA Admin|LW's Mod|UA Admin|MK CTF Admin|RTV Mod|Omega-DM Manager|VCCNR Head-Admin|OSK Simple DM Admin|VCDC 5|VCDC 6|Vicewar 5|Vicewar 7|Vicewar 8|

Offline Bart #11 on: May 01, 2016, 05:14:32 am

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hope to see the ctf again online with the best matches
This ;D

Offline NewK #12 on: May 08, 2016, 11:42:22 pm

• Developer
    • View Profile
Small update - OVH has finally replied to us and has asked for logs of the issue, which we have provided. We're now once again waiting for their response.

Offline Sevrin #13 on: May 09, 2016, 01:32:35 pm

• ||The Resurgence - RT|| ||Pakistani Legends - PL||
    • View Profile
Good work, btw I can see server is online!

Offline ZUBI #14 on: May 09, 2016, 09:01:11 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Desperate to see a lag free server ;D