Author Topic: Awesome Bastards vs Assassin Gang  (Read 34723 times)

Offline NewK #90 on: November 13, 2015, 06:08:45 pm

• Developer
    • View Profile
I don't know how else to explain this to you, the problem is not the host. The problem is that you're splitting your connection into 5. Sharing one single 4mb/s connection with 5 players at once will always make you lagg, it won't matter if the server is being ddosed or not when you're out of bandwidth. In a perfect world each player would get 800kb/s but we all know that ISP's never reach the speed that they advertise so you're probably not even getting your full 4mb. My connection is supposed to be 24mb/s according to my ISP contract but I only get about 18mb/s, so don't count on having 4mb all the time, and you said it yourself that everyone in your city is also having problems with their internet connection. And on top of those problems you're still spliting your connection with 4 other people. How do you expect to have a normal ping in these conditions? I know it's not your fault, but it's not the other team's fault either. There's nothing we can do, there's high costs associated with getting servers in Pakistan and these servers are very weak, they have no protection and are easily taken down if they're attacked, like what happened with the PK server before.

I suggest your team mates play on different connections or just try to switch to the second server CTF:TT #2 and see if it doesn't exceed the 500 ping limit.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 06:22:59 pm by NewK »

Offline krystianoo #91 on: November 13, 2015, 06:41:00 pm

• View Profile
Alternatively, you could raise 20 euro~ by yourselves and donate it to NewK.. 8)
<iCow> >> [MK]Halchter was banned from the server, Reason:  0 in tribute to krys
<cCow> ** [8]  [MK]Halchter has left the server. (Kicked)

QarZ #92 on: November 13, 2015, 06:45:02 pm

There is no choice but we have to wait untill our ping will be fixed as problem is goes with whole city.

Offline NewK #93 on: November 13, 2015, 06:48:59 pm

• Developer
    • View Profile
Alternatively, you could raise 20 euro~ by yourselves and donate it to NewK.. 8)
I can't guarantee the server won't go down again since those Pakistani servers are very weak. It may not even be up for a single day if it's attacked as soon as it gets online.

Offline KakaroT #94 on: November 13, 2015, 08:39:58 pm

• View Profile
NewK. It doesn't matter even if they have 1MB connection shared to 4 PCs and playing only vcmp. ping won't go high. I have tested it when I had 1 MB connection. We currently all Pakistanis have ping issue because we all (most of us) are customers of PTCL ISP, and ping issue was in almost whole country. I had it too but was fixed and it is occurring again. Though internet of most cities is fixed but their city's internet is still not fixed yet. So that's why they are having high ping.

I will suggest QarZ to tell your team mates to turn off everything else including antivirus when playing match. Some applications use internet secretly without letting you know. And also turn off wifi so nobody else from your or other's home connect to your internet and start using it.

QarZ #95 on: November 13, 2015, 08:55:23 pm

NewK. It doesn't matter even if they have 1MB connection shared to 4 PCs and playing only vcmp. ping won't go high. I have tested it when I had 1 MB connection. We currently all Pakistanis have ping issue because we all (most of us) are customers of PTCL ISP, and ping issue was in almost whole country. I had it too but was fixed and it is occurring again. Though internet of most cities is fixed but their city's internet is still not fixed yet. So that's why they are having high ping.

I will suggest QarZ to tell your team mates to turn off everything else including antivirus when playing match. Some applications use internet secretly without letting you know. And also turn off wifi so nobody else from your or other's home connect to your internet and start using it.

Everything is off, wifi,antivirus but still ping is over 380 and spikes till 500 to 600. We can not do anything its all up to ptcl. I suggest wait wait wait.

Offline NewK #96 on: November 13, 2015, 10:44:49 pm

• Developer
    • View Profile
NewK. It doesn't matter even if they have 1MB connection shared to 4 PCs and playing only vcmp. ping won't go high. I have tested it when I had 1 MB connection.
That's not how it works. Bandwidth doesn't magically appear out of thin air, if all his bandwidth is in use, he will get a slow connection. You think he was infinite bandwidth to spend simultaneously? lol

There's limits to how much bandwidth you can use at once/simultaneously. This amount usually depends on the speed that was established when you made your contract. As an example: when you start downloading a file from the internet, assuming the place you are downloading it from has no speed limits, you will download it at your maximum download speed, but if you start another download before finishing the one you were making, you will notice that the download speed of the first file will start to lower to half because the bandwidth is split between these 2 downloads. For example, If you were downloading the first file at 500 kb/s, once you start the second download, it will go down to 250kb/s. It's the same case here, except it's not only your download speed but also your upload speed that is split when you're playing and sharing your connection with more people simultaneously. You get what you paid for. Depending on your contract with your ISP and depending on your internet speed you will get an amount of bandwidth to use. Do you even realize how crazy it would be if ISP's didn't limit speeds? And most of the time, clients don't even get the speed they were promised on the contract because ISP's do alot of traffic shaping, especially in places where there's a high demand like big cities. I paid for 24mb/s myself but some days I get like 10mb/s only, and on a good day I get 18mb/s.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 11:30:41 pm by NewK »

Offline [MK]F. #97 on: November 14, 2015, 03:40:51 am

• Manager
    • View Profile
Being on a 8mbps connection here i get 170 ping,  but i had noticed earlier that if someone is using wifi at the same time which makes the speed split into 2 users,  my ping rises.  Also i had noticed another thing that my office internet has better upload speed so my ping there is 150, now imagine when u guys are playing,  your upload and download speeds are split into 5.  You guys are also right about problems with isp and 300+ pings,  i also had it a month back and my ping used to be 300 and got kicked at times probably because someone might be using wifi.

Though i wasn't kicked once when we had clanwar with UF as it was during night and everyone at home was asleep and so no one using my connection through wifi.

conclusion : Indeed its some problem with your ISP but you guys are adding to it by all 5 sharing the same connection at the same time while playing.

Offline Drake #98 on: November 14, 2015, 05:03:13 am

• View Profile
Being on a 8mbps connection here i get 170 ping,  but i had noticed earlier that if someone is using wifi at the same time which makes the speed split into 2 users,  my ping rises.  Also i had noticed another thing that my office internet has better upload speed so my ping there is 150, now imagine when u guys are playing,  your upload and download speeds are split into 5.  You guys are also right about problems with isp and 300+ pings,  i also had it a month back and my ping used to be 300 and got kicked at times probably because someone might be using wifi.

Though i wasn't kicked once when we had clanwar with UF as it was during night and everyone at home was asleep and so no one using my connection through wifi.

conclusion : Indeed its some problem with your ISP but you guys are adding to it by all 5 sharing the same connection at the same time while playing.
I have 2mbps internet connection and I get 160! 8)
* Drake runs

Well yes, my ping also rises when someone uses the wifi.
But you know what I do e.e, I use WifiKill in my android phone and block all connections to wifi and then I play peacefully.
If anyone asks me about why isn't the wifi working, I answer: Probably ISP problem xD

Offline KaRaMaT^ #99 on: November 14, 2015, 05:13:12 am

• View Profile
NewK I have doubt That Somebody Attacks Server While Matches.
Assassin Gang's team splits Connection its their Fault,but During Matches my pings also Spikes From 140-190-250
I Have Checked Server With my Friend,its Working Fine but unfortunately it Gives Up On Matches.
Maybe They Should Try To Organise a Match Late Night (if possible).

Offline [MK]F. #100 on: November 14, 2015, 06:23:47 am

• Manager
    • View Profile
Assassin Gang's team splits Connection its their Fault,but During Matches my pings also Spikes From 140-190-250
I Have Checked Server With my Friend,its Working Fine but unfortunately it Gives Up On Matches.
there is no doubt regarding server getting attacked, it does get attacked.
 Its those morons who did not get their share of happiness from vc-mp community due to their activities and so they now got no life and disturb others.

QarZ #101 on: November 14, 2015, 07:18:16 am

there is no doubt regarding server getting attacked, it does get attacked.
 Its those morons who did not get their share of happiness from vc-mp community due to their activities and so they now got no life and disturb others.
Finally faf got the point what we are trying to say. Server also  gets attacked or ddosed at the time of match. But since its with our isp problem we rather prefer a wait for a week or 2 to get the isp and ping problem fixed first.

Offline Knuckles #102 on: November 14, 2015, 07:29:46 am

• View Profile
Yeah server was getting restarted when we started the the round it happend 2 times then we delayed the match.

Offline NewK #103 on: November 14, 2015, 03:40:03 pm

• Developer
    • View Profile
If the server is still getting attacked I don't know for sure, but sharing a slow 4mbs connection with 4 other people is only making it worse.

Offline [EAF]Klaus #104 on: November 14, 2015, 03:49:44 pm

• Eighth Avenue Furies
    • View Profile
    • Eighth Avenue Furies
When you're playing a competitive game you have to think about fairness. I question whether you should be allowed to compete at all, since playing with such a ping (350+) is just silly.