Author Topic: Practice Servers  (Read 4163 times)

Offline NewK on: September 11, 2015, 11:59:44 am

• Developer
    • View Profile
Given how many clanwars there's been happening on the server, I ve decided that it's only fair that every team gets a chance to practice privately. So from now on, whenever there's a scheduled (time, timezone and date) clanwar on the server, I will be hosting two private CTF practice servers, one for each of the competing teams. Once both clans/teams agree to a date, I will setup the servers and put them online 7 days before the day of the clanwar. So your team will have 7 days to practice privately in your practice server. The servers don't have any IRC echo attached and are not even being announced to the masterlist, so feel free to discuss all your tactics there and whatnot, it's all private. Once the clanwar happens, the servers will be shutdown so that I can host them again for the next competing teams. The competing members of your team that you announce on the forum will be given maximum level and permissions on the practice server (level 6). This is so that your team can get to know the script, change bases, arenas, make plans, etc...

Feel free to set the level for your other team mates aswell if you wish to. You can see the admin commands by using /acmds, but the main commands you should know about are the following:

/autostart <on/off> to toggle the autostart feature ( I recommend you to turn it off, so you can start arenas manually )
!baselist <1/2/3/4/5/6> to see all the available arenas and their id's
/startctf <arenaID> (check the arenaID of each base with the !baselist cmd)
/changeplace <arenaID> (this allows you to change to another arena while the round is going on)
/endround (ends the round)
/settimelimit <minutes> (changes how long each round is)
/autobalance <on/off> ( toggles the autobalancing feature, disable this if the server is killing you when you spawn because there's too many players on the team)

The following commands have been disabled for the sake of protecting private user data:

- /getip
- /alias
- /exec

Once again, remember that these servers will only be online 7 days before the clanwar happens. I will PM the IP and password of the server to one, maybe two, members of your team through the forum or IRC, and I'll reply on the cw announcement topic when I've done it. It is those members' responsibility to inform the rest of his team about it and it's your team's responsibility  to keep the server private.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 12:05:16 pm by NewK »

Offline Noori #1 on: September 11, 2015, 02:09:05 pm

• View Profile
Good ,it will help in  the preparation  ;)

Offline ToMz #2 on: September 11, 2015, 07:09:26 pm

• Work hard in silence Let sucess make all the noise
    • View Profile
Good NewK ,

Offline Zeeshan.Bhatti #3 on: September 11, 2015, 08:51:55 pm

• View Profile
Good ,it will help in  the preparation  ;)

Good NewK
Current Experience: EC Admin.
Past Experience: LG Dev, VCDM Dev, SDC Admin, AvT Admin, Skylarks Admin, Skylarks cnr, ECS Admin.
Events:  EC Championship Ref, EC Ladder Admin, ViceWar VI Admin, EYE 3 Ref, ECKO Management, EYE4 Ref.
TRC Member - Since 03, May, 2017

Offline ZUBI #4 on: September 11, 2015, 10:18:18 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Good work NewK

This will help us get the grip on our bases asap.....
Credits : Berkley/Gohan

Offline Arsal #5 on: September 12, 2015, 07:16:35 pm

• im biggest NOOB in VcmP.
    • View Profile