Author Topic: FAQs: Ask Here!  (Read 913 times)

Offline Fortune #1 on: August 01, 2023, 03:43:20 am

• Administrator
    • View Profile
11. Who are referees?
Answer: All CTF staff members can be referees. However, the main active ones for this event are: =TLA=Fortune, [MK]Ibee, [MK]Aegon, [VU]Siezer (semi-active).
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 12:13:07 pm by Fortune »

Offline Lederhos #2 on: August 20, 2023, 08:57:03 am

• Ultimate 1nsurrectionists
    • View Profile
Hey there. I have a couple of questions.

1. Are perks going to be allowed in the tournament? I have seen that perks have been abused to glitch flags on purpose. Some players place the teleportation perk on the flag so that the enemy team can't pick the flag and instead, they get immediately teleported to their base.

2. Are bases like Cops vs Bikers really going to be allowed? That base, for instance, is completely unbalanced due to the cops team having access to a larger and more spacious rooftop on the offices.

Thanks in advance.
"GOD IS LOVE"

Offline Fortune #3 on: August 20, 2023, 01:01:33 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hey there. I have a couple of questions.

1. Are perks going to be allowed in the tournament? I have seen that perks have been abused to glitch flags on purpose. Some players place the teleportation perk on the flag so that the enemy team can't pick the flag and instead, they get immediately teleported to their base.

2. Are bases like Cops vs Bikers really going to be allowed? That base, for instance, is completely unbalanced due to the cops team having access to a larger and more spacious rooftop on the offices.

Thanks in advance.

1. No they will be disabled.

2. Will look into that and let you know. Thanks

Offline ihaTeLAggers #4 on: September 05, 2023, 05:22:43 pm

• View Profile
Came here looking for answers, only found arbitrary links, 4 of which being part of the same board this topic is posted in.
Anyhow,

1. Any updates on this?
2. Will look into that and let you know. Thanks

2. Will there be training servers for teams just like tournaments of other servers?

3. How much thought was given into how long the match is going to be with 6 maps?
Waiting time for missing players between the rounds won't be allowed to exceed 10 minutes.

6 maps, so 6 * 10 = 60 minutes just for the maps alone. With break time of 10 minutes per base, you get 2 hours of match time. That is while following a happy path, without considering any wait time before the match starts. Sounds pretty stupid to me.

4. Will there be a jitter check along with ping and FPS?

5. Please talk numbers:
For each kill, players get healed.

6. Killing sprees of 5 are obsolete due to this:
+5 points for each 5 kill-streak
+5 points for ending a spree

7. How exactly is this supposed to work? Can we have subs ready to spawn present in the server?
Teams can rotate their line-up via player replacement any time they want (during the round or between the rounds), but the total number of players must not exceed 5.

8. How do you tell apart someone trying to lag on purpose when the limit is 350ms/20FPS?
Making yourself lag (high ping) / lower your fps on purpose to capture the flag is STRICTLY prohibited

Offline Fortune #5 on: September 05, 2023, 06:54:25 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
1. More spawn points have been added.
2. Not this time we don't.
3. This will remain as it was in the previous edition.
4. CTF checks ping values very often, won't be an issue. Desynced players however will be match banned.
5. There's no definite number.
6. It's a bounty-reward, helps team comeback.
7. Yes, it's up to the team captain to decide who will play. Regardless only 5 can spawn (server will auto-kill when spawned more than limit).
8. Refer to #4. Thanks.

Offline ihaTeLAggers #6 on: September 05, 2023, 07:35:20 pm

• View Profile
1. More spawn points have been added.
2. Not this time we don't.
3. This will remain as it was in the previous edition.
4. CTF checks ping values very often, won't be an issue. Desynced players however will be match banned.
5. There's no definite number.
6. It's a bounty-reward, helps team comeback.
7. Yes, it's up to the team captain to decide who will play. Regardless only 5 can spawn (server will auto-kill when spawned more than limit).
8. Refer to #4. Thanks.

1. I don't believe that fixes one side being stronger than the other, but maybe we can skip that for now as it comes down to what bases are picked.
2. Cool, can we have some other way to check out bases then? So that teams can pick bases and more importantly, sides? All we have right now is a long ass list.
2.1. Can we apply the same settings as event in the main server throughout the duration of event so its more logical if we don't get training servers?
3. Please mention it clearly next time that matches can be 2+ hours long, so players know what bs they're signing up for.
4. Same, how do you tell apart desynced players if you're looking from the perspective of a referee, I mean what is the criteria here? And no, it WILL be an issue, a low ping player with high jitter will be much worse than a high ping player with low jitter. If more frequent ping checks solved the issue, jitter checks would never have been introduced.
5. Yes, that, I'm asking how it progresses, since I can't find it anywhere else on the forum.
6. Ah, yes sorry, I will need to explain, I thought it was obvious. Since there is +5 on a spree, and +5 on ending a spree. A 5 player streak is obsolete since the score will have been inevitably traded between both teams (unless it goes up to a higher spree or time runs out). Do you see the problem now?
7. Cool.
8. Refer to #4. Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 07:37:16 pm by ihaTeLAggers »

Offline Fortune #7 on: September 06, 2023, 06:19:42 am

• Administrator
    • View Profile
1. Specify the base name we will look into that.
2. Ask any admin in-game or Discord, they will help you inspect the bases.
2.1. Will discuss with staff.
3. Read Tournament structure for more info.
4. Currently there's no Jitter system in CTF.
5. Health gained is random.
6. Making a spree gives you 5 bonus points (10 in total), no you are not trading. If someone is making a spree indicates that the player is skilled thus makes more sense to reward the ones who kill it "bounty hunter". Furthermore, you can look at it from a different perspective such as encouraging competitiveness, and teamwork from both sides. Prevents a single player from dominating solely through streaks.

Offline ihaTeLAggers #8 on: September 07, 2023, 04:40:13 am

• View Profile
1. Specify the base name we will look into that.
2. Ask any admin in-game or Discord, they will help you inspect the bases.
2.1. Will discuss with staff.
3. Read Tournament structure for more info.
4. Currently there's no Jitter system in CTF.
5. Health gained is random.
6. Making a spree gives you 5 bonus points (10 in total), no you are not trading. If someone is making a spree indicates that the player is skilled thus makes more sense to reward the ones who kill it "bounty hunter". Furthermore, you can look at it from a different perspective such as encouraging competitiveness, and teamwork from both sides. Prevents a single player from dominating solely through streaks.

1. Will let you know.
2. So, its dependent upon the mutual availability of the team and staff if we need to inspect bases? And since most (active) staff members are participants as well, doesn't that potentially risk strategies? Not to mention there are 54 bases in total.
3. I'm saying, next time you go on handing invites, maybe mention it clearly that matches are going to be 2.5-3x longer than necessary and you'll have to deal with lesser participants.

I just fail to understand why matches need to be this long when there could've been 3-4 maps per match? 3 being optimal since no match will ever end in a draw that way, but I understand that can feel a little short - so if 6 being even already works, why not 4? And why do you need 10 minutes break after every base? Maybe an event manager could answer this better?

4. Embarrassing. Anyway, works with my team as long as you don't pull out this autism:

5. Okay.

6. I failed to assume that if you could see it, maybe it wouldn't have been put up on the rules in the first place, but your reasoning makes even less sense. I feel stupid to even have to explain this, explain-to-me-like-m-a-5-yo version:

Let's say there are two teams Red and Blue with 10 points each. Player A belongs to red and is on a 4 player kill streak already. Player B belongs to blue.
Now, A kills B, Red gains 6 points (+1 kill, +5 streak). Score is 16-10.
Then, B kills A. Blue also gains 6 points (+1 kill, +5 streak ended). Score is 16-16.

Assume there were no bonus points, the score would have been 11-11.
The streak was traded to settle the score, and every 5 player streak will inevitably always be traded unless it is a 10+ spree or the time ends.

The spree bonus holds no significance to the team score, it only adds more points to the 2 "skilled" players who were merely involved in the process.

Now, as per as your reasoning - You say it prevents a single player from dominating through streaks, which is true for 5 player streaks. But any higher streaks (10, 15, ...) will result into +5 for a single team, unless that's what you mean by teamwork and competitiveness? Because I don't see how else this promotes that.

If it prevents individuals to dominate, it should be either with all streaks regardless of how much or none.

Offline Fortune #9 on: September 07, 2023, 09:39:51 am

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hmmm, I agree. Thanks.

Offline Lederhos #10 on: September 08, 2023, 07:16:29 am

• Ultimate 1nsurrectionists
    • View Profile
Are teleport pickups going to be enabled?

pd: Just wanted to point out that I believe that the bases really need pictures of them. It just facilitates things for captains. Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 08:04:55 am by Lederhos »
"GOD IS LOVE"

Offline Fortune #11 on: September 08, 2023, 08:06:56 am

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I will add them tonight or tomorrow.

Offline Fortune #12 on: September 08, 2023, 08:12:22 am

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Are teleport pickups going to be enabled? .
Teleports that are part of any map should be enabled. But if you are referring to Skills then no.