Author Topic: Fix the CTF Autobalance ffs  (Read 4266 times)

Offline SanaullaH #15 on: January 31, 2021, 01:19:48 pm

• You're the boss from you , we learn
    • View Profile
Auto-balancer Working fine in lobby bro what's the problem?  :-*
Credits RoyStang / RavenouZ

Offline FulToN_619 #16 on: February 01, 2021, 07:46:25 pm

• Silence is a source of great strength.
    • View Profile

Offline Fortune #17 on: February 01, 2021, 08:16:27 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Vouch^.

This happened while I was playing. The blue team was getting outnumbered but the auto-balancer kept assigning players to the red team (which had totally x2 of blue team's in number).

Then what's most frustrating? Players are stuck in the lobby for much longer and the round does not start until the teams are balanced. This becomes frustrating because the autobalancer itself switched their team to the numbered one.

You may not be getting the point @NewK. I know what you are saying and it makes sense but perhaps you are missing it. I appreciate what @Fulton has brought and I hope it clears out what the players are really tryna say.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 08:29:17 pm by luchgox »

Offline NewK #18 on: February 02, 2021, 12:17:42 am

• Developer
    • View Profile
Yes as I said in my previous replies I am already aware of the situations the current implementation can cause. What Im trying to explain is that the suggested solutions are susceptible to user manipulation (something most people in this post seem to forget)

That said, the idea I have in mind is what I said in my previous posts, which is to consider players who have been spawned in the last 30 to 40 seconds as players who are alive so the script can count them and avoid issues. But this needs some more thought as I'm trying to create a solution that doesnt simply balance the teams but also make sure it's not too easy to manipulate. While it's not 100% impossible to manipulate,  it's still not as easy to manipulate as only couting the players assigned to each team.

Regardless, I won't be making any changes to the script until probably next week since I'm on a business trip right now and I'm not home.

UPDATE: Didn't forget about this but haven't had the time and probably wont have much free time any time soon either. There's a few other bugs ELK reported to me that I need to look into and there's also CTF6 which has been ready since May2020 but I've been too busy with IRL stuff. Not sure when I'll pick this back up.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 05:12:26 pm by NewK »

Offline NewK #19 on: September 02, 2021, 12:34:30 pm

• Developer
    • View Profile
I've made a change to the script so that when it's counting players, it will consider players who have been spawned in the past 2 minutes ( or less ), as players who are "alive", so when the players die during the round it will not mess up the balancing. Of course if a player stays on the spawn screen for more than 2 minutes, the server will consider them AFK and will not count them as part of the team. I think this is a good middle ground between avoiding user manipulation and maintaining balance.