Capture The Flag > Suggestions

Fix the CTF Autobalance ffs

<< < (2/4) > >>

NewK:

--- Quote from: ElvenKing on January 27, 2021, 11:10:52 am ---As for away players on spawn screen, We can maybe switch their player class and team to Builders by script? I find it a perfect solution but not sure how would it go practically.

--- End quote ---
If we're gonna switch the skin of players who are on the spawn screen for the script to exclude them from being counted, how exactly is this different from excluding unspawned players? It's exactly the same thing....and it's what the script is currently doing.
Also I dont recall how the autobalancer system worked in CTF4 because I didn't make it, but if it counted unspawned players, then it's also failing to balance teams correctly, players just never noticed because they keep looking at the scoreboard to see players on each team, but they dont know who is actually spawned.

MasterOz:
While you try to find the perfect auto-balancer, please implement the one of similar structure as of TDW or EAD has so that this server doesn't dies again soon. Atleast those balancers don't fuck up as much as the current one of CTF does.

Halchter:

--- Quote from: MasterOz on January 28, 2021, 12:31:38 pm ---While you try to find the perfect auto-balancer, please implement the one of similar structure as of TDW or EAD has so that this server doesn't dies again soon. Atleast those balancers don't fuck up as much as the current one of CTF does.

--- End quote ---
EAD and CTF are different gamemodes, there is constant respawn in CTF whereas that is not true for EAD.

MasterOz:

--- Quote from: Halchter on January 28, 2021, 02:21:11 pm ---
--- Quote from: MasterOz on January 28, 2021, 12:31:38 pm ---While you try to find the perfect auto-balancer, please implement the one of similar structure as of TDW or EAD has so that this server doesn't dies again soon. Atleast those balancers don't fuck up as much as the current one of CTF does.

--- End quote ---
EAD and CTF are different gamemodes, there is constant respawn in CTF whereas that is not true for EAD.

--- End quote ---
Is TDW also unlike CTF?

Halchter:

--- Quote from: MasterOz on January 28, 2021, 05:49:01 pm ---
--- Quote from: Halchter on January 28, 2021, 02:21:11 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Is TDW also unlike CTF?

--- End quote ---
I spoke to Spiller, he said that tdw's autobalancer works similar to CTF, the difference in TDW's is that once a player is spawned before the round starts or spawns during the round they are counted even if they go afk later on in the round so we come back to the problem that it only looks balanced in the scoreboard if someone is idling and one way to battle this is with anti idle system which comes with its own problems, I guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version