General Discussion > General Discussion

Can a team tournament be organized in this era?

<< < (2/4) > >>

MasterOz:

--- Quote from: vitovc on July 25, 2023, 03:50:17 pm ---Newbies don't know how to change mouse sensitivity and how to buy car in LW. Competitive matches and tournaments is for newbies, really? How tournament will prompt devs to spend some time and to what? Oh how long distance between our points in understanding of vc-mp.

--- End quote ---
Newbies sure know how to hop in servers, and with time few of them would be here organizing similar matches and bumping alike topics just because they saw us playing in such matches. I am talking like that because I too was one of those newbies, bumped into CTF to see FullFilled killing me, players against each other with a purpose of winning and taking the flags and shit what not. For a start, they all made me RQ instantly but I sure came back and stayed with time. The game-mode was captivating in itself. You never can 100% guess what future has for us.

--- Quote from: Fortune on July 25, 2023, 04:44:09 pm ---For a simple 20-year-old game like GTAVC, all the fun is in killing and... killing, the rest of the game modes get easily boring (except one server which I know of, deals with it smartly).
We still get newbies but it's becoming less with time. VC-MP imo is alive not because of newcomers but because the boomers like us stick to playing it because we don't want the memories to stop.

Anyway, I support this idea of the team tournament as they are much easier than clan tournies. I will be ready to take part in the organization.

--- End quote ---
Glad to hear that!

vitovc:

--- Quote from: MasterOz on July 25, 2023, 05:36:55 pm ---Newbies sure know how to hop in servers, and with time few of them would be here organizing similar matches and bumping alike topics just because they saw us playing in such matches.

--- End quote ---
As I remember spawning during clan-wars/tournaments is technically is not possible for random people who joined to server (even if server is not passworded)

MasterOz:
They can spectate for now, the key here is with the time it would take for them to actually grow understanding of such concepts. As you mentioned, most newbs are completely clueless what's happening, but curiosity would definitely pave some way for them once they get a gist of what actual matches feel like.

Rift_Walk3R:
No one’s “curious” to learn vcmp in 2023 especially because of its current state in terms of its sync and limits, and also because there really are better options out there in terms of online multiplayer for newbies to try and work upon. I’ll agree with Fortune here that what’s keeping vcmp somewhat alive today is a major chunk of players like us, new comers are actually becoming more and more rare in vcmp nowadays, and the only servers you’d expect to find them are the free roam / Non-dm ones, where they won’t get tilted cuz of a 100+ ping lagger running after them and killing them with ease while not getting a single hit from them.

MasterOz:
You can't quantify it for everyone. I bet you don't look at GBOYZ and other servers where new players continuously hop into. We are here because of nostalgia, and there would be more to come
as well.
Comparing VCMP to other modern well-equipped games is so smart of you. Maybe you are the one to decide the definition of fun for each individual.

Those laggers actually have gone through the same torture, but there was something that made them stick to the game. Theres a saying that never say no. You should be more open and get rid of that old-ass whine of lag which losers love to throw in every situation. You being a player with quite an experience in VCMP, although not as much skilled in combat as you should be, compromise by your social skills quite good. Make your current state to be put in good use and lets make a contribution in getting the word across for an actual CTF TT.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version