General Discussion > General Discussion

Can a team tournament be organized in this era?

(1/4) > >>

MasterOz:
We all know VC:MP is not in the healthiest of states, with oldies going away and losing interest from the regular DM thats provided in the traditional servers. Why not though, as you wouldn't like to log on and see players not willing to shoot or play against you due to your reputation/history/skill. If that goes as it is, then it'd be worse.

The only thing in my view to somehow enjoy the last bits of VC:MP, is by reviving CTF. It being the server where oldies used to play, had competitive environment and memories would certainly attract them to play again. I am up for holding parties regularly from now on.

All I ask now is if there is any possibility for a tournament? What hurdles may be in this process? I believe that this act can revive VC:MP more than active scripting, pushing updates and fizing bugs as there would be actual quality players playing the game, having fun and enjoying it and the scripters/developers efforts won't go in vain.

If VC:MP needs a kick, let it be from our very own CTF.

vitovc:
I think people who playing tournaments and people who value reputation/history/skill are same people.
There is vc-mp "community" currently is same as in The Divide movie (rare people who can enjoy those "last bits of VC:MP")
Making VC-MP to be friendly to newbies is only way to revive that. And it request alot of active scripting, pushing updates and fizing bugs.

MasterOz:
Newbies won't stay for long if they don't see others playing in actual competitive matches and stick together to stuff. Most of the player-count of VC:MP is based on DMers and to captivate their interests, such matches would prove impactful. The updates and active scripting lacks a sort of motivation as I see now, and seeing players taking interest in a new event would definitely prompt devs to spend some time.

vitovc:
Newbies don't know how to change mouse sensitivity and how to buy car in LW. Competitive matches and tournaments is for newbies, really? How tournament will prompt devs to spend some time and to what? Oh how long distance betwean our points in understanding of vc-mp.

Fortune:
For a simple 20-year-old game like GTAVC, all the fun is in killing and... killing, the rest of the game modes get easily boring (except one server which I know of, deals with it smartly).
We still get newbies but it's becoming less with time. VC-MP imo is alive not because of newcomers but because the boomers like us stick to playing it because we don't want the memories to stop.

Anyway, I support this idea of the team tournament as they are much easier than clan tournies. I will be ready to take part in the organization.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version