Author Topic: Remove rocket launcher  (Read 2841 times)

Offline The Milko on: August 08, 2016, 11:25:10 pm

• chod na bakalar yaar
    • View Profile
    • Secret Slayers
Yo, as you know, rocket launcher usage has become really dangerous to your teammates. For example, I'm subjected to a large number of teamkills via rocket launcher. I mean, not teamkill, but I get knocked down and enemy players kill you right away. It unbalances the gameplay and would be great if it was removed. What do you guys think?

Offline Nilz #1 on: August 09, 2016, 12:45:54 am

• View Profile
This situation was worse in the past, nowadays Rocket Launcher is limited to 1 player per team and I think it should continue that way.

I know that it's annoying to be knocked down by your own team-mate, but it's okay as long as he is not doing it on purpose, that's my opinion.

Offline NewK #2 on: August 09, 2016, 03:36:39 am

• Developer
    • View Profile
It doesn't unbalance the gameplay at all, in fact, it's the other way around, it balances it. All packs were created to counter each specific situation and the RPG is essential to alot of the situations, for example when people camp inside a closed base for instance. All the packs were created with competitive play in mind, that means it was created assuming that each team is in a coordinated environment and can can coordinate their members to avoid knocking each other down. A coordinated team  can do this just fine. When you play a cw with your team, its your team's job to coordinate amongst yourselves not to knock each other down with explosions. Ofc during public matches it's not possible to achieve such coordination, but that's to be expected. But the script needs to be adjusted according to the servers' main attraction: clanwars.

This suggestion has actually been discussed before and what we agreed was to limit the rocket launcher to 1 player per team, it also only has 15 rockets IIRC (this limitation hasn't been applied yet to CTF5.0, but it will be). During the previous discussion about this, no one provided any valid reason to remove the rockets, it's mostly just people complaining because they dont know how to fight RPG users, and find it annoying, so let me say right ahead, for anyone that's going to reply that it should be removed because it's annoying. Saying it's annoying is not a valid reason.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 04:20:20 am by NewK »

Offline Sevrin #3 on: August 09, 2016, 01:48:43 pm

• ||The Resurgence - RT|| ||Pakistani Legends - PL||
    • View Profile
Just wanted to say that it's CTF, you can spawn many times per round so I guess 10 rockets per player spawn is fine.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 06:55:16 pm by Sevrin »

Offline ZUBI #4 on: August 09, 2016, 03:36:10 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Should be taken off for the fair play.
Credits : Berkley/Gohan

Offline Decent_946 #5 on: August 10, 2016, 05:01:25 pm

• Thanks to Allah For Everything i have.
    • View Profile
Just wanted to say that it's CTF, you can spawn many times per round so I guess 10 rockets per player is fine.
only a single member of a team can choose pack 4. No any other member of the team can. So, i guess you mean per spawn ?

well, i don't really think that it should be removed. But as you said NewK: There are certain bases where rocket is really necessary sometimes. So, Can you only make this pack chooseable for those certain bases you are talking about? and Limit the rockets 10- 15 per spawn. If not. Then i suggest to decrease the rockets limit to 5-8-10 per spawn.

Thankx to RebellioN

Offline Sevrin #6 on: August 10, 2016, 06:54:41 pm

• ||The Resurgence - RT|| ||Pakistani Legends - PL||
    • View Profile
Just wanted to say that it's CTF, you can spawn many times per round so I guess 10 rockets per player is fine.
only a single member of a team can choose pack 4. No any other member of the team can. So, i guess you mean per spawn ?

well, i don't really think that it should be removed. But as you said NewK: There are certain bases where rocket is really necessary sometimes. So, Can you only make this pack chooseable for those certain bases you are talking about? and Limit the rockets 10- 15 per spawn. If not. Then i suggest to decrease the rockets limit to 5-8-10 per spawn.
Per spawn* sorry my bad :P.