Author Topic: What?  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Trex on: June 29, 2018, 06:02:36 pm

• View Profile
Nick used whilst ingame:[VUt]Trex
Time and Date that you were banned:Actually, I don't know. I didn't even notice that I got banned ELK told me In game.
Suspected Reason (if any): "Illegal modification"
IP Address: I'll send it to any admin if needed.
Admin that banned you (if known):ELK

I don't know why you banned me for a reason related to another server, the asi that I've used is totally useless shit, no disadvantage in having it. I've explained it all in LW forum.
"I've used first person view asi mod but that was just to record an event in another server but I literally forgot to delete it"

I didn't know that in LW asi(s) aren't allowed tho and I forgot to remove the asi from my game folder before joining but after getting kicked twice in LW I removed it because it was causing a crash to my game.

I got banned for 2 months I don't know why, I'm requesting an unban.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 06:17:51 pm by Trex »

Offline ELK #1 on: June 29, 2018, 06:28:08 pm

• Administrator
  • The age of elves has come
    • View Profile
Firstperson mod changes view angle, and also it changes the way shots appear on your screen as compared to others, so it's obvio an illegal mod.
You should be more careful with these .asi mods, anyways.

Bans and durations were discussed among higher ranks.
The Golden Horde

Offline SaM. #2 on: June 29, 2018, 06:29:19 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I don't see any point banning him here if he used something in other server. But if there is evidence of him using unlawful mods in CTF then its fine.

Offline Trex #3 on: June 29, 2018, 06:30:08 pm

• View Profile
I didn't know this anyway, I wasn't going to use it to have any advantages over the other players.
I was just "GOING TO RECORD AN EVENT WITH IT"

and also I didn't use it in CTF then why I got banned?

Offline ELK #4 on: June 29, 2018, 06:31:18 pm

• Administrator
  • The age of elves has come
    • View Profile
I don't see any point banning him here if he used something in other server. But if there is evidence of him using unlawful mods in CTF then its fine.

Bans and durations were discussed among higher ranks.
The Golden Horde

Offline Trex #5 on: June 29, 2018, 06:32:09 pm

• View Profile
Inform the "higher ranks" about my unban appeal and let me have a talk with them.

Offline NewK #6 on: June 29, 2018, 09:13:34 pm

• Developer
    • View Profile
This has never been our policy. If we know that a player has used cheats or illegal mods on a server that also disallows it, we take action. And the community gets better because of it. If all the servers did this instead of being too scared to lose playercount, this community would be a better place. You can think of this as the same way Steam handles bans with their VAC system, when you get banned from a steam VAC protected game, you get banned from all steam VAC games. It's effective and improves the community in general.

I don't know why you banned me for a reason related to another server, the asi that I've used is totally useless shit, no disadvantage in having it.
You may think that, but there's actually advantages to that mod that you may not know about. But the fact that you didn't know about it, doesn't make it fair for other players. It's like the widescreen mod, it displaces your hitbox so on the screen of other players your player model will not be on the same place, making players aim to a wrong location and miss any bullets shot at you.

I removed it because it was causing a crash to my game.
This mod only crashes on rel006, it doesn't crash on rel004 and the logs we have have of you are from rel004.

Even if you were not planning to use it or you didn't know that it wasn't allowed that still does not mean you didn't have an advantage over other players. And if we were to unban you because you "didn't know" or because "you didn't plan to use it as an advantage", we'd have to unban every other cheater that says that. Alot of the players with the widescreen mod also have no idea it gives them an advantage but they still have that advantage whether they like it or not. Seeing as this mod has the same effects as the widescreen mod and we've banned users ot that mod for 2 months, we've applied the same duration here.

For the reasons mentioned above we're not removing the ban. You'll have to wait for 2 months until it expires