Author Topic: CTF 5.0 Public beta test  (Read 22952 times)

Offline NewK on: August 06, 2016, 12:59:27 am

• Developer
    • View Profile
Hello everyone, today I'd like to announce a new version of the capture the flag server, CTF 5.0!

Version 4.0 was released 1 year ago, and alot of things in VC:MP have changed since then. There's many new VC:MP features that our current server is not fully making use of, so it's time for an upgrade. The first version of the script was created by X_94 back in 2011. Since then, there's been many iterations of the script and later on, Nilz took on the developer role and has been maintaining the codebase. Thesedays, Murdock aswell has been making big contributions to the script by fixing alot of the bugs with the IRC echo and replacing the old textdraws with labels, among other fixes. After 5 years of re-using the same code, things became harder to mantain, so I decided to took on the developer role aswell and rewrite the server from scratch, and so that's what I've been doing on my free time for the past 5 months. This new version of CTF has been rewritten in Java which gives us alot more flexibility than the old squirrel version. As for Nilz and Murdock, they will both keep contributing to this new script aswell.

The main goal of this public beta test is to detect bugs. After months of testing this version internally with the staff, I feel that the script has finally reached a beta status and it's now ready to be tested by a larger crowd with the purpose of finding new bugs, so please report all of the bugs you can find here on the forum. With that being said I'd like to invite everyone (except those on the banlist) in the community to join in on the fun! In comparison to CTF 4.0, this server has many new features that should  refresh the CTF experience, some of the new features include:
  • Roundstats, there is now stats per round and you can check your round stats while inside the round by typing /roundstats
  • Hitmarkers, this is an experimental feature so far, due to VC:MP bugs it only works for some weapons, also this is not 100% accurate since it's being done client side (/hitmarker <on/off>)
  • A new sprite has been added up top that's being used to show the team scores and the round clock timer
  • Ability to pause and unpause the round for staff members
  • Players can no longer abuse the number of allowed weapon packs changes per round by leaving the server and rejoining
  • Live round clock (this means the "timeleft" text is no longer "paused"/updated periodically, now it's always running)
  • GUIs, the server now uses GUIs in several places like choosing/changing weapon packs, starting/changing arenas, building new arenas, placing arena objects (screenshot

Now, as the name says, this is still in beta, so there will be bugs and not all the features have been implemented yet like arena boundaries, HP addons, Player of round, etc...These will all be done after this beta test. The duration of the test will depend on server stability, if the script is stable enough we'll probably have the test running for a longer period to detect new bugs. If not, it could last a few days like 1 or 2. It will depend on well it goes.

Server IP: 51.254.114.167:8193
IRC Channel: #MK.CTF5

Shortcuts:
  • Press P to see/change packs. After choosing your pack, you can press P again to close the window.
  • When the voting window shows, there will be 5 options. To vote for each one use the shortcuts: SHIFT+1, SHIFT+2, SHIFT+3, SHIFT+4 and SHIFT+5,

Changelog so far:

• added missing ingram to pack 4
  • added teamchat
  • fixed text color not showing when players made a spree ("+5" text)
  • fixed an exception with the login kick timer when a player left the server before the timer finished running
  • fixed an exception with the mute timer when a player left the server before the timer finished running
  • fixed an exception with the flag capture timer when a player left the server while capturing the flag which caused the server to crash on some rare ocasions
  • fixed a bug that happened on very specific cases when players died while capturing the flag, and still kept it when they respawned
  • added ratio to /stats cmd
  • added hp addons per kill
  • fixed a bug for red/blue players that caused them to stay in the arena builder world instead of switching to the public world when they were previously spawned as builders
  • fixed a bug with the arena builder not saving created arena objects
  • fixed a bug with the banned message that said the admin that banned the player was the one who got banned
  • fixed spree count not being reset each round
  • added hp addon per flag barrel drop
  • added ammo reffils on each 5 player killing spree
  • fixed server staff being able to start a round with no players from both teams online
  • fixed an issue with the voting window not disappearing if staff members used "/autostart on" more than once
  • fixed an issue with the flag not respawning automatically when the player who had it had drowned
  • added 1 player per team limitation to the RPG pack  just like ctf4.0
  • fixed a bug with the arena voting session that caused the votes not to be counted properly and made the server always start the last voted arena
  • fixed a bug that allowed players to refill their ammo if they changed their pack to the one they currently had
  • added "Player of the round"
  • changed teamchat messages not to use 1 single color only
  • fixed a bug with the arena builder that prevented builders to edit an arena that was currently being played
  • fixed a bug that caused the packs window to show up when logging in or registering a new account
  • added ping limit kicker
  • added "ratio" to /roundstats
  • added multiple IRC staff commands to manage clanwars
  • added /spanwpassword cmd to use when a spawnpassword is set
  • added 3D scoreboards that will show the top 10 players (sorted by points) from each team when a round ends. These can be seen outside malibu at the entrance
  • optimized the arenas list staff window, it should open faster now, and the game no longer freezes for a second when opening the window
  • fixed blue team players not showing on 3D scoreboards when joining a round in progress
  • fixed round not ending when all players from a team left the server
  • fixed some rare crashes that happened when capturing the flag while the round was ending
  • fixed a bug in the banning system that was kicking players wrongfully
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:26:41 pm by NewK »

Offline Eddy #1 on: August 06, 2016, 01:07:02 am

• Manager
    • View Profile
Some pics :)
Selecting arena: -

Choosing packs: -

Flag captured: -

Points that you contributed to your team: -

« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 01:44:18 am by Eddy »

Offline NewK #2 on: August 06, 2016, 01:21:51 am

• Developer
    • View Profile
Solutions for the VC:MP mouse cursor bug

There are 2 solutions that fix this issue, until VC:MP devs fix it for good, pick the one of following 2:

Solution 1:
While ingame type: /setconfig game_windowed 1 and then press ALT+ENTER
(this will make the game use the maximum resolution though)

Solution 2:
Download the missing cursor file from: here
Now put that file on C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Vice City Multiplayer\04rel004\images

It seems like this bug has been fixed just now.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 02:10:33 am by NewK »

Offline Sevrin #3 on: August 07, 2016, 07:27:56 am

• ||The Resurgence - RT|| ||Pakistani Legends - PL||
    • View Profile
I loved the new version much, great work staff. But there was about 3 bugs I'll report them soon. Fixed already :P
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 01:03:58 pm by Sevrin »

Offline Decent_946 #4 on: August 07, 2016, 10:13:01 pm

• Thanks to Allah For Everything i have.
    • View Profile
This mood is much better. It doesn't lag like 4.0. Even though, i have came across several bugs which i am going to report soon. But it is more joyfull as compare to 4.0. Keep the good work up devs. :-]
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 08:40:35 am by Decent_946 »
Thankx to RebellioN

Offline ZUBI #5 on: August 08, 2016, 08:17:36 pm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
This looks more polished and will be perfect once replaced with the original one

Good Job NewK

Credits : Berkley/Gohan

Offline raiden #6 on: August 08, 2016, 08:24:02 pm

• Catch me if you can.
    • View Profile

Bart's Work

Offline ELK #7 on: August 08, 2016, 08:24:37 pm

• Administrator
  • The age of elves has come
    • View Profile
Much better then v4.0

This mood is much better. It doesn't lag like 4.0. Even though, i have came across several bugs which i am going to report soon. But it more joyfull as compare to 4.0. Keep the good work up devs. :-]

[MK] CTF 5.0 Public Beta

The Golden Horde

Offline NewK #8 on: August 08, 2016, 08:51:19 pm

• Developer
    • View Profile
Thanks for all the tests so far guys, I just posted a changelog on the first post about all the changes made so far, so check that before reporting new bugs :P

Offline krystianoo #9 on: August 08, 2016, 09:06:24 pm

• View Profile
This looks more polished and will be perfect once replaced with the original one

Good Job NewK

is that krzysztof ibisz on the gif?
<iCow> >> [MK]Halchter was banned from the server, Reason:  0 in tribute to krys
<cCow> ** [8]  [MK]Halchter has left the server. (Kicked)

QarZ #10 on: August 09, 2016, 12:39:13 am

Offline Bart #11 on: August 09, 2016, 03:54:58 am

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline NewK #12 on: August 10, 2016, 04:32:09 am

• Developer
    • View Profile
10/08/2016
  • fixed server staff being able to start a round with no players from both teams online
  • fixed an issue with the voting window not disappearing if staff members used "/autostart on" more than once
  • fixed an issue with the flag not respawning automatically when the player who had it had drowned
  • added 1 player per team limitation to the RPG pack just like ctf4.0
  • fixed a bug with the arena voting session that caused the votes not to be counted properly and made the server always start the last voted arena
  • fixed a bug that allowed players to refill their ammo if they changed their pack to the one they currently had
  • added "Player of the round"
  • changed teamchat messages not to use 1 single color only
  • fixed a bug with the arena builder that prevented builders to edit an arena that was currently being played
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 08:07:34 pm by NewK »

Offline Sevrin #13 on: August 10, 2016, 07:12:07 am

• ||The Resurgence - RT|| ||Pakistani Legends - PL||
    • View Profile
Can you please make the messages of stealing flags, droppin g flags, and recovering as it is not much visible like in 4.0. Maybe a low font announcement on the lower right like when we got the flag message.

Offline Zeeshan.Bhatti #14 on: August 10, 2016, 06:58:00 pm

• View Profile
Today I played this and it seems lag free. Great work newk
Current Experience: EC Admin.
Past Experience: LG Dev, VCDM Dev, SDC Admin, AvT Admin, Skylarks Admin, Skylarks cnr, ECS Admin.
Events:  EC Championship Ref, EC Ladder Admin, ViceWar VI Admin, EYE 3 Ref, ECKO Management, EYE4 Ref.
TRC Member - Since 03, May, 2017